British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2020

5 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

If it's right that redcar have signed Danny Phillips and that's a big IF, do the fans think he is better than Tom woolley ???????

The answer to that question mmmmm who came 3rd in HT 2 at our place in the cup final & ride a good steady 4 laps,,, with a bit more time on the bike in the winter weather permitting I reckon Tom could do a fine job next season,,,

• Like 1

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM, pitstop84 said:

If it's right that redcar have signed Danny Phillips and that's a big IF, do the fans think he is better than Tom woolley ???????

Yes he is , Tom Woolley might be a nice bloke but he is a poor championship rider , Phillips apart from the odd poor meeting scores 3 to 5 points on average per meeting it doesn't take much to be better than Woolley 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Yes he is , Tom Woolley might be a nice bloke but he is a poor championship rider , Phillips apart from the odd poor meeting scores 3 to 5 points on average per meeting it doesn't take much to be better than Woolley 

I believe he averages around 2.23 points per meeting according to the last set of averages on the SGB website, but anyway, if you are looking to win the league neither Phillips or Woolley should be at reserve, surely there are better options out there...

54 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Averages 3 to 5 a meeting yet has a 2.23 average hmmm...

The problem with Danny is he's been stuck at the same level for 4 years. No improvement in him. I'd rather go with a younger reserve and watch them grow

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Averages 3 to 5 a meeting yet has a 2.23 average hmmm...

The problem with Danny is he's been stuck at the same level for 4 years. No improvement in him. I'd rather go with a younger reserve and watch them grow

Sorry I was 0.77 out , I just looked through his last few home meetings for Newcastle and apart from the 2 against the Bears he didn't do to bad , but even a chimpanzee on a bike with stabilisers is better than Woolley 

Edited by johnyson66

6 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I think he is too busy learning to ride his keyboard! 

Just done a bit of checking on Woolley and Phillips , last 10 home meetings for them both Woolley scored 14 +8 bonus points,  Phillips scored 28 +9 bonus points , obviously your all experts on speedway then if you would prefer Woolley over Phillips  ,