British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

6 hours ago, BobC said:

Dont worry about it.

Go back to 1988 The other was Craig Boyce. Went on to become the clubs top points scorer in our history.

Just because we may not have heard of them as such, doesnt mean they are automatically going to be poor. You just never know.

Remain optimistic.

Who also ended up  3 rd in the World at one point.  So as you rightly say, the benifit of the doubt needs to be given whoever it is .:t:

8 hours ago, BobC said:

Dont worry about it.

Go back to 1988. We had our team signed and sealed. Yet two unknown Aussies came over to try out for Poole. One was Mick Powell. Never signed for us but had an excellent career at Glasgow, etc. The other was Craig Boyce. Went on to become the clubs top points scorer in our history.

Just because we may not have heard of them as such, doesnt mean they are automatically going to be poor. You just never know.

Remain optimistic.

Craig Boyce was first spotted in Australia by Bob Sharpe, who then contacted Neil Street & insisted that Neil took him under his wing & that's why he was @ Poole because Neil was the team manager & Coach. 

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

'Obsession with Johnny foreigner'???  We've got 4 Brits already!!!

I think what the poster is on about is with what points Poole have left to finish there side with there is a lot of British riders available and also uk based European riders available. This would keep the costs down ie flights , accommodation transport costs of machinery etc.

I personally feel Poole will be mid table which will come as a shock to there fans , the bigger problem to me is the home and away manager situation which I find strange as will the riders and one last point will the paying public be happy to pay approx the same entrance price to see a lower standard of Riders  at Wimborne Road

Happy with the final 2. Yes they are untried. 

Zane is very pro. Check out his social media, website. Crump has taught him.(I’ll take that). 

Cook, was actually better than his bro a year or 2 ago. But he did better than Jordan Stewart and only 2 points less than Sedge. Yes,  Aus champs but he has beaten some good riders.  

Happy overall, Also people wondering about josh mac he is investing in his equipment heavily this year. 

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Happy with the final 2. Yes they are untried. 

Zane is very pro. Check out his social media, website. Crump has taught him.(I’ll take that). 

Cook, was actually better than his bro a year or 2 ago. But he did better than Jordan Stewart and only 2 points less than Sedge. Yes,  Aus champs but he has beaten some good riders.  

Happy overall, Also people wondering about josh mac he is investing in his equipment heavily this year. 

If both lads are keen then the world is there oyster. Both come highly recomended. But i wouldnt expect them to hit the ground running, it will take them a while to adapt to league racing in this country., and our track.

• Like 1

Just now, Starman2006 said:

If both lads are keen then the world is there oyster. Both come highly recomended. But i wouldnt expect them to hit the ground running, it will take them a while to adapt to league racing in this country., and our track.

I would be getting them in middlo testimonial. At least for some laps and get them tuned in sooner rather later. 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I would be getting them in middlo testimonial. At least for some laps and get them tuned in sooner rather later. 

Yeh, im sure they will get plenty of laps in one way or another.

53 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wouldn`t  have thought it will take them long to get used to the track at Poole- from what i have seen of Aussie speedway tracks, most are as cr&p as Poole`s :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Three uninspiring Aussies with no pedigree or obvious potential after four good GB signings.

Shame.

Just the two who have beaten Jordan Stewart this aussie season. 

Also, Jason Doyle had very little pedigree. Turned out ok. 

Charles Wright, Craig Cook very little pedigree at a young age and they turned out ok as well. 

Don't look all on pedigree. They have talent and hopefully be given time. 

Edited by poolebolton