British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Gary was an excellent team manager for Coventry, popular with the riders and very knowledgable. Good call by Poole

Didn’t Main Man advise him on everything including filling in is program for him, I know he never left his side during a meeting  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Argos said:

Didn’t Main Man advise him on everything including filling in is program for him, I know he never left his side during a meeting  

Are you having a laugh main man advise him on everything he makes so many mistakes his self just ask brum fan's?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I didn’t go all of last season and unlikely to go this year.

Interesting comment Najier! I can just top you although not involving Poole. I have not been to a speedway meeting since the Wimbledon closure in 2005 and have no inclination to go again!

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, gustix said:

Interesting comment Najier! I can just top you although not involving Poole. I have not been to a speedway meeting since the Wimbledon closure in 2005 and have no inclination to go again!

Why on earth would anyone post this on a speedway forum? This forum is all the better for the many fans of defunct clubs who still follow GPs/Poland/Sweden/other clubs, but why bother coming on here when you've admitted to having no desire to attend another speedway meeting after a 15 year absence? I know your posts get a lot of stick on here so it should be expected, but this is just such a strange way of thinking.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Why on earth would anyone post this on a speedway forum? This forum is all the better for the many fans of defunct clubs who still follow GPs/Poland/Sweden/other clubs, but why bother coming on here when you've admitted to having no desire to attend another speedway meeting after a 15 year absence? I know your posts get a lot of stick on here so it should be expected, but this is just such a strange way of thinking.

I posted because I was seconding the attitude of Najier! towards modern speedway. BTW I also saw my first meeting at long defunct New Cross in April 1946.

23 minutes ago, JCookie said:

I sort of agree with you here....from a 'passionate' fan's perspective? having said that, just because you don't attend meetings, it doesnt stop a person watching it on TV, reading about it and still having an interest/opinion about the sport ?

I love watching Cricket, but I've never been to a 'live' match ?

Not sure if I've missed the point? :D i'm knocking on a bit : ) my first meeting was in 1971 aged 4 ! (and I still attend....) :)

14 minutes ago, JCookie said:

.......This forum is all the better for the many fans of defunct clubs who still follow GPs/Poland/Sweden/other clubs............

I have to say that I felt like you were almost talking to me personally. Thank you :cheers:

But to be honest, it took me a couple of years after Brandon closed (temporarily) to resume my former level of support for the sport. Last year I supported the auld enemy Leicester with a passion (both CL and NDL). Mind you, I might feel different if I found myself living near Poole. There are limits! :P
Having said that, I can understand how some might find moving their long held loyalties to another club. I have to admit that yesterday, when I read that there is going to be a challenge match between Leicester (CL) and a collection of riders with a Bees connection under a Coventry banner, my first thought was, "Where's my Bees gear?".

In case people don't get it, this was my attempt to lighten the mood.

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Ok that’s even better then. I think we have a pretty good set up now. I for one am happy with the situation. 

I guess is a decent option considering the other candidates able to do it i suppose.

If it was my team tho, i'd be asking is he a a real motivator away from home where they will be behind more often than not ?

And is he tactically aware enough and rulebook savvy enough to make the changes required at the right time, to not leave the team exposed at other points of the meeting etc..

Middlo has got a right touch here, cover the simple homes, and Havelock has got the aggro of the aways 

Genuine question, has he been successful on the road in his previous posts ?  

Good luck to him anyway.