British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Does have an air of desperation about it.

Fans expecting and led to believe there would be decisions made on final 2 Team places once Australian Finals were over but with nothing to report come up with a big announcement announcement to say Havvy as away team manager and Racesuits is something of a letdown to put it mildly.

I think the issue is, there are wasted points In the team personally I think mcdonald is a poor signing. I have a feeling roynon will come in on a reduced gsa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Does have an air of desperation about it.

Fans expecting and led to believe there would be decisions made on final 2 Team places once Australian Finals were over but with nothing to report come up with a big announcement announcement to say Havvy as away team manager and Racesuits is something of a letdown to put it mildly.

Really, Havvy was always in the frame for the joint managers position for the Northern tracks, and Neil does the southern half, he has his dad to think about. And racesuits again were in the offing.  But hey dont you worry about us we will be there come play off time. ;)

What a great idea with the racesuits. Forever and beyond promotors have whinged and said how much they cost (as proven before, isn't a great sum of money), well this is a great way of involving fans and sponsors whilst covering the costs too. I see no reason now why other teams don't follow this idea up now and launch a similar campaign themselves.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Najjer said:

What a great idea with the racesuits. Forever and beyond promotors have whinged and said how much they cost (as proven before, isn't a great sum of money), well this is a great way of involving fans and sponsors whilst covering the costs too. I see no reason now why other teams don't follow this idea up now and launch a similar campaign themselves.

Most have done this for a considerable time haven't they?.

Hardly ground-breaking!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

Most have done this for a considerable time haven't they?.

Hardly ground-breaking!

I can’t say first hand about other teams, but I know Glasgow have done this for years and still do. 
On the “oop north” team manager, I did offer but somehow they thought Havvy was a better bet. From my point of view, I think they’re right :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I can’t say first hand about other teams, but I know Glasgow have done this for years and still do. 
On the “oop north” team manager, I did offer but somehow they thought Havvy was a better bet. From my point of view, I think they’re right :D

Probably not North enough Gordon. :P

On 1/14/2020 at 6:29 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Saying that the track is bumpy/rutty/wavy is the easy bit. You need a track expert and ££ to fix it, not riders;)

Did they not have a so called track expert last year look what that did for the track? And lost Matt Ford a load of money. 

9 hours ago, BobC said:

Not at all happy with Havelock coming in. 

Never liked him as a rider and even less respect as a person.

Your opinion. Im sure you will be  out voted by many.

• Like 1