British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

40 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Some what embarressing that comment now you're in Division 2 :rolleyes:

Poor old starry living on past glory, needs to look forward or he'll trip over his satchel of yesterdays news.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh we are. All 8 times of it. How many your lot won.. Speak up DC, i cant hear you. WOT, ah said i cant  hear you..:rofl:

Oh dear you sad bitter pathetic little man

Your place is the lower league now ......stop living on past glories.....

Everton, Leeds, Blackburn, Liverpool in particular all teams who have won the top league but havent for a number of years........you never know Poole could do a Liverpool and come back one day

I will just enjoy our team (remember them, the cannon fodder who bet your team of bottlers) signing up the top riders and having riders like Pedersen and Kildemand coming to us ....should be top notch

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Oh dear you sad bitter pathetic little man

Your place is the lower league now ......stop living on past glories.....

Everton, Leeds, Blackburn, Liverpool in particular all teams who have won the top league but havent for a number of years........you never know Poole could do a Liverpool and come back one day

I will just enjoy our team (remember them, the cannon fodder who bet your team of bottlers) signing up the top riders and having riders like Pedersen and Kildemand coming to us ....should be top notch

What top riders have Ipswich signed then?!!

• Like 1

I keep out of the silly talk on here about Poole dropping down a league. The fact is that for economic reasons they have and that’s that.

Personally , I would of hatted it if Poole had to let Ward, Holder and Magic go but those days have gone and the league has been diluted tremendously. Remembering when Poole were in the 2nd div before the racing was great and riders and fans were as one.

Now top riders ride in so many leagues, home and abroad whose riders are they really. Costs of flying foreign riders in are tremendous and crowds are reducing. Therefore, if you want speedway costs must be cut.

Yes it was great watching the Premiership it was no where near the standard of the old EL. Also watching Somerset the racing was great and a lot closer. Plymouth in the bottom league also provided some good racing on their own track.

Therefore, you can say my team are better than yours but speedway is speedway and the closer the racing makes it interesting. Well done to Swindon for winning the league but remember they enjoyed the lower league in the past and I for one enjoyed it most weeks.

• Like 6