British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Not that I want to think about our team too much would Klindt somehow be able to keep his previous championship average, as it was only last season?  

Not if he retires like planned.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:53 PM, George Dodds said:

Welcome back to the second tier you mean - I kinda think that lots on here are unaware that Poole spent five years in the old National League in the mid-1980s, even one when they weren't Pirates. Now a repeat of the 1989 KO Cup Final would be rather pleasant - especially the crowds.

First speedway meeting I ever attended.

Rye House Rockets 38

Poole Wildcats 40

September 1985 

Names I remember from that side. Steve Schofield, David Biles, Stan Bear, Kevin Smith. I think it was either Poole or Ellesmere Port who won the National League that year 

Shadders, it was Ellesmere Port who won the National League after just returning to league action and at the end of the season they closed never to reappear again.

They had paid a lot of money for Joe Owen who signed after Newcastle closed at the end of 1984 but he unfortunately crashed at the Birmingham Track taking a TS

Ride and never walked again due to damaging his spine.

I think only covatti and maybe Worrall have a chance of coming back. (I think riders might be giving the Lions a thanks but no thanks after not being paid). 

Wonder if Perks would be interested is our asset after all. Could see Starke being pulled into the fold. THJ would be an intriguing one if he rode like he did against the witches could be a big time scorer but a bit of a risk. Would want to see him have some good equipment. 

I wonder if a 4 point rider from abroad could be brought in. 

45 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I think only covatti and maybe Worrall have a chance of coming back. (I think riders might be giving the Lions a thanks but no thanks after not being paid). 

Wonder if Perks would be interested is our asset after all. Could see Starke being pulled into the fold. THJ would be an intriguing one if he rode like he did against the witches could be a big time scorer but a bit of a risk. Would want to see him have some good equipment. 

I wonder if a 4 point rider from abroad could be brought in. 

Nico said he was thinking of after out of UK.

FFS. I'd started enjoying Championship Speedway. Now I've got to put up with that bunch of glory hunting southern clueless £&#+ers invading every thread again.

I really hope Poole stay in a different division to Birmingham.

No, I don't enjoy watching weekly Speedway at Monmore, even if Wolves are in a different division to Poole & their heard of annoying keyboard warriors, don't feel the need to invade every forum thread. 

Edited by Col

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

Rye House Rockets 38

Poole Wildcats 40

September 1985 

Names I remember from that side. Steve Schofield, David Biles, Stan Bear, Kevin Smith. I think it was either Poole or Ellesmere Port who won the National League that year 

We helped Ellesmere Port's cause by beating Middlesborough in an early November meeting at Blantyre 2 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, Paulco said:

And Plymouth reportedly joining us again too , plenty of south coast derbies for the Pirates too . While I'm not entirely convinced this will actually happen , the more teams in our league , the better . But where does this leave the Buster Bundisliga ? 

But where does this leave the Buster Bundisliga ? 

Think that gets the message over! 

Edited by Chris116

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No reason why not on current rules = 6.94.:party:  Except that his Danish commitments might interfere?!

I'm sure the rule states any rider that didn't begin 2019 in a championship side had to use their converted premiership average. Redcar did with Riss and Edinburgh did with Masters

33 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I'm sure the rule states any rider that didn't begin 2019 in a championship side had to use their converted premiership average. Redcar did with Riss and Edinburgh did with Masters

That’s correct  (although there’s no guarantee the rule will be the same in 2020). Don’t forget the conversion factor is 1.6 next season which would give Klindt a CL average of 11.89......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s correct  (although there’s no guarantee the rule will be the same in 2020). Don’t forget the conversion factor is 1.6 next season which would give Klindt a CL average of 11.89......

And a lot will depend on what team building average is set. Personally i think 42.50 is a decent start

23 hours ago, Shadders said:

Rye House Rockets 38

Poole Wildcats 40

September 1985 

Your just a boy then... ;)