British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Still have my misgivings about Danny to be honest not sure he has his finger on the pulse all the time.

Hes learning mate. Same as you did when you went to School.    :D His dad is just a phone call away.
Give the bloke a chance.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's you told, FB!! Must be difficult and very stressful, hopefully he'll be okay. :)

Reguardless of his dad being in the background its a hell of a lot of hard work time and money. He will get good support, but its a lot to take on
Board for a young lad which he is,  who is is trying to make his way into Speedway promoting.
He will learn along the way. But one thing Dan will not be is a pushover. And i like many others, support him 100 %.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Reguardless of his dad being in the background its a hell of a lot of hard work time and money. He will get good support, but its a lot to take on
Board for a young lad which he is,  who is is trying to make his way into Speedway promoting.
He will learn along the way. But one thing Dan will not be is a pushover. And i like many others, support him 100 %.

Quite so Starry. He's got some good experience around him and as you rightly say Matt is but a phonecall, text, message away.

• Like 2

I see Matt is advertising on the club website  for a "qualified plumbing & heating engineer" to do some work at his French Chateau project .

I do hope that whoever takes on the job understands that there will be a requirement to include an instantaneous "kill switch" for the hot water supply to each bathroom in case of any unexpected emergencies.:)

Matt is still doing the team building for 2020.

As he says in the update on the club website 'Its far easier to get riders than it is a professional plumber"!

As is usual rider announcements will be staggered over a period of weeks to maximise media coverage and avoid AFC Bournemouth news clashes.

As above the next announcement within 4-5 days of a rider that has been a Pirate previously.

Facebook is already full of possible suggestions - Adam Ellis, Nico Covatti,Stefan Neilsen, THJ, Paul Starke - loads of others I'm sure.

Still 2 to come with higher averages than Stevie Worrall?!

Edited by Skidder1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:46 PM, Gavan said:

Nope its common knowledge that King and Steve Worrall are Poole bound...........though it is rumoured that Starke is also Poole bound.........one on the list lol

As i stated

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Must be a good signing as Gavan and DC haven't said anything about it!! :D

No need to say anything .......it was common knowledge

21 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

They are probably  talking to each other to see what they can come up with.. Bless...:icon_smile_clown: s

Awww is that the best you can do

Enjoy the championship

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As i stated

No need to say anything .......it was common knowledge

Awww is that the best you can do

Enjoy the championship

Its common knowledge that Poole are in the Championship but it hasn't stopped you banging on about it.

Why not try living by your own mantra!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt is still doing the team building for 2020.

As he says in the update on the club website 'Its far easier to get riders than it is a professional plumber"!

As is usual rider announcements will be staggered over a period of weeks to maximise media coverage and avoid AFC Bournemouth news clashes.

As above the next announcement within 4-5 days of a rider that has been a Pirate previously.

Facebook is already full of possible suggestions - Adam Ellis, Nico Covatti,Stefan Neilsen, THJ, Paul Starke - loads of others I'm sure.

Still 2 to come with higher averages than Stevie Worrall?!

Trouble is CL clubs announce signings pretty quickly, so we will be able to work it out by who is left!