British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

All those times you used to go on and on about my team Ipswich being in the lower league..............telling us all the best racing was top division and that i should run along back to the lower league

Now Poole are in there its the best league in the world..............clown

Poole fans have always been fickle.............i hate to think what the crowd level will be like if they dont do that well

Sad about his dad but surely you need a 100% commited team manager and im sure these outside issues (dad/business) will affect Muddlo so he should do the right thing and step aside

100% committed for all home meetings and the southern away derbies!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

100% committed for all home meetings and the southern away derbies!!

So not commited then.....

A manager should be at EVERY meeting

I get his dad isnt well which isnt nice

I get he has another business

But then surely both of those will hinder the commitment and effort he puts in.

Maybe seeing as Poole have dropped down his enthusiasm for the job has gone down as well which you cant blame him for

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Maybe seeing as Poole have dropped down his enthusiasm for the job has gone down as well which you cant blame him for

A lot of team managers are not at every meeting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Give Muddlo a break, Gavan, he had a pretty harrowing season this year with Poole and someone’s saddled him with the job again next year.  :)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Still rather have Richie, his brother was poor last season.

For BV, yes. They both seemed to have way better form in the CL. So drastic that Richie was baffled why it was so different at the start of last season. I'm sure Richie will pass on any advice about the track! 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Give Muddlo a break, Gavan, he had a pretty harrowing season this year with Poole and someone’s saddled him with the job again next year.  :)

Lol

Id like to think im making a valid point though

As a Swindon fan how would you feel if Rosco was picking and choosing what matches he managed the team? Doesnt give out the right message to me

Before any Poole fan has a moan i do appreciate that Muddlo has other stuff going on outside the sport

Have to ask though.....if Poole would have stayed top flight would Muddlo then not go to away matches at say Belle Vue or Wolves??

As i said maybe his enthusiasm is on the slide

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Middlo to continue as Team Manager for 2020 but will share responsibilities for the northern away meetings due to the health of his dad Ken and his weekend business commitments. ( BBC RADIO SOLENT today).

Thats brilliant news, best news for along time 

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol

As a Swindon fan how would you feel if Rosco was picking and choosing what matches he managed the team? Doesnt give out the right message to me

Before any Poole fan has a moan i do appreciate that Muddlo has other stuff going on outside the sport

Have to ask though.....if Poole would have stayed top flight would Muddlo then not go to away matches at say Belle Vue or Wolves??

Nah, give him a break. I like Muddlo.

To be fair, he’s been in charge of Poole for nearly every year that Swindon have won the league.  :)

P.S. we do have to give Rosco time off now and again so he can count his horses.

Edited by DC2

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol

Matt Ford or Garry May would usually stand in if Middlo was unavailable. Belle Vue and Wolves are midweek tracks as are all Premiership teams - as you well know - so it was only very occasionally that Middlo missed a meeting. It's the Friday-Sunday away meetings that could be the issue as that is when his business is open to the public. A bit like when Rosco has a brewery.meeting and Lee Kilby steps in! ! Or Hawkins is missing physically as well as tactically and Louis steps in.@!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nah, give him a break. I like Muddlo.

To be fair, he’s been in charge of Poole for nearly every year that Swindon have won the league.  :)

P.S. we do have to give Rosco time off now and again so he can count his horses.

Sorry how many league wins in the last 20 years have Swindon won again?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford or Garry May would usually stand in if Middlo was unavailable. Belle Vue and Wolves are midweek tracks as are all Premiership teams - as you well know - so it was only very occasionally that Middlo missed a meeting. It's the Friday-Sunday away meetings that could be the issue as that is when his business is open to the public. A bit like when Rosco has a brewery.meeting and Lee Kilby steps in! ! Or Hawkins is missing physically as well as tactically and Louis steps in.@!

Hawkins is a poor manager tactically

But i give him great credit that he managed to motivate the team in the semi final after the capitulation at Poole in the first leg....and the fact that Poole had won twice at Foxhall already....thats some great man management skills to get one over on Muddlo...........heck Poole even used an 'injury' to Holder to try and squirm their way through!

Over the 2 legs Hawkins was able to outwit Middlo

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

But i give him great credit that he managed to motivate the team in the semi final after the capitulation at Poole in the first leg....and the fact that Poole had won twice at Foxhall already....thats some great man management skills to get one over on Muddlo...........heck Poole even used an 'injury' to Holder to try and squirm their way through!

Think the Poole team outwitted themselves well maybe 4 riders did.

Edited by sugarray
Spelling
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I doubt he motivated anyone tbh, all down to the riders. 

I wonder who the other manager will be? 

Edited by lisa-colette