British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

8 hours ago, Col said:

B*yawn*e was never exciting.  His gating was more than decent & he was fast enough to be an effective chicane against any rider.

He was a reliable above average second heat leader at most in Britain ten years ago. I doubt he got that far up the Ekstraliga & Eliteserin ladder.

He wouldn't put my bum on any seat.

Poole look back, last time he rode over here he was feigning iinjury so you could use Tungate as a guest!!

Bjarne Pedersen was a top number one for Poole for quite a few seasons during their dominance in the mid 2000’s. 

He is way past his best now, but was certainly a class act back in his day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PolarBjerre said:

Bjarne Pedersen was a top number one for Poole for quite a few seasons during their dominance in the mid 2000’s. 

He announced this week that he is retiring at the end of the 2020 season( riding in Danish league and for Opole in Poland)

29 minutes ago, PolarBjerre said:

He made himself very unpopular at Birmingham by not trying!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

• National Supporters Club Group  
• The BSPA is looking to establish a national supporters club group. Each official or designated supporters club, will be invited to nominate one liaison member from their club. The purpose is to provide supporters with a mechanism to express views, share ideas and have an active communication channel with the BSPA. More information to follow with the aim to be active before the commencement of the 2019 season.

what happened to this, did it ever take off - can't recall anything about it at Birmingham ??

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The promotion at Birmingham made themselves very unpopular by not paying riders!!!!!:angry:

Ultimately it comes back to the same question even if he was available.

Would you sign him on what would be an 11.06 GSA. Now that we know the conv is 1.6 for sure. Even in the unlikely event he got a 2.5% discount for each of the 3 seasons he has not ridden I would still argue that even at approx 10.25 he is too high. Especially as well if the points limit in Champ turns out to be lower than Prem.

Roll on end of next week when we may be a bit wiser on the new set up for both leagues. Then hopefully we will start getting some various team announcements and can press on with who we may/may not be signing ;)

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you underestimate how Poole fans view him!

With rose tinted glasses unfortunately. Not a Poole fan,  but please use the points on a up and coming rider who's got a long term future. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Col said:

Rubbish. Was an above average boring second heat leader at most.

I wish this was on the Newcastle thread. Arguably the greatest rider to have ridden for the diamonds in the last 30 years (alongside his name sake). 

i get the feeling you don’t speak for the Poole faithful, but welcome to the championship.

i find it laughable that you ridicule bjarne, yet Klindt now feels your club is below him 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1