British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

On 6/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Josieshales said:

Thanks. But is it allowed tho? Only askin because my mate is a copper and he can’t break the covid rules,  his constab already sacked one !

Tell your mate to enhance the truth. 

It won't be a first for any Constabulary and could possibly get them a promotion 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I can't remember Championship builds is it 39.00? if so Poole have 6.27 to spare or if its 38.00 5.27 to spare now. 

To retain Danyon at reserve (which they would 100% want to do I'm sure) they have to build to 38 points as he's a 3 or 4 star rising star, so top 6 has to be under 38.

5.27 looks to me like it's a nailed on 5 pointer with no UK experience probably from Europe who is not riding in 3 other leagues. Anyone with UK experience with that sort of average is like gold-dust. Assets like Kyle Newman would have just too high an average.

Poole race night would rule out any in Danish League so possibly someone from Eastern Europe?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

To retain Danyon at reserve (which they would 100% want to do I'm sure) they have to build to 38 points as he's a 3 or 4 star rising star, so top 6 has to be under 38.

5.27 looks to me like it's a nailed on 5 pointer with no UK experience probably from Europe who is not riding in 3 other leagues. Anyone with UK experience with that sort of average is like gold-dust. Assets like Kyle Newman would have just too high an average.

Poole race night would rule out any in Danish League so possibly someone from Eastern Europe?

I don’t believe there’s any suggestion that a Club would be required to dispense with a declared RS in those circumstances, although it does seem that the team RS limit would reduce to 2* for any future change.

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo

Revolving door Poole never change their spots.

Kelleher may have got a nice move there, a Team who aren't riding half their Fixtures to a Team who seem to be riding all Home and Away matches unless Rain or opponents putting hold on season intervene.

Regular pay or spasmodic pay...looks like Kelleher may have dodged a bullet

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

Kelleher may have got a nice move there, a Team who aren't riding half their Fixtures to a Team who seem to be riding all Home and Away matches unless Rain or opponents putting hold on season intervene.

You might wanna tell him that then! Apparently he isn't happy (acc to the Echo article) and his SM is a bit silent today. Working with JC will help him though. 

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

Sometimes you have to be ruthless, that's why poole are so successful 

So although the rumours were flying last evening about a 'Czech', there is also another Aussie with an average that fits from 2019 - not sure if he's come over on the off-chance or he's waiting for a call?

Before the season started there were several that said Poole had gone for the wrong ZK!!!!!!

However with the finances as they are I'm sure Matt won't pay out what he doesn't have coming in?