British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates 2021

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Well Ford hasn't seen any of my cash since the fateful winter of discontent & I used to visit quite often prior to that.

I doubt that I'm the only one that has given him the cold shoulder either .

You sure wont be missed 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

At least Poole benefitted from the excellent Readypower (Rick Frost) sponsorship afterwards when it became clear where the fault was!!:D

A very forgiving person is Rick Frost..  After all it takes a big man to get involved with one of the guys involved in trying to close him down when the bspa offered Coventry a route back in 2011, if they agreed to dump their stance with Peterborough. The guy you are trying to accuse quite rightly told them "to do one"

15 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

A very forgiving person is Rick Frost..  After all it takes a big man to get involved with one of the guys involved in trying to close him down when the bspa offered Coventry a route back in 2011, if they agreed to dump their stance with Peterborough. The guy you are trying to accuse quite rightly told them "to do one"

Maybe the strong threat to take a certain person to court in what would mean very bad publicity to the wider world made the BSPA act accordingly!!

Poole and Coventry fans will never agree on the issue - one can only look back and see the facts as published.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, Gambo said:

Can you give a date for when the 2010 Final will be shown? There should be a lot of interest in that one.

Video nasties are banned....:cheers:

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Some people really need to give!! 2010 a rest Anyway I thought Matt tried to help save Coventry in the end? 

I doubt you will get your wish. It is something that is part of the history of the sport & as such will continue to be a topic for discussion. It highlights the actions of certain members of the BSPA & their attempts to put others out of business using gutter tactics.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I doubt you will get your wish. It is something that is part of the history of the sport & as such will continue to be a topic for discussion. It highlights the actions of certain members of the BSPA & their attempts to put others out of business using gutter tactics.

so who tried to put who out of business? excuse the ignorance, it's a topic i know nothing about.

This meeting is too recent. What about showing some classic league action featuring Trick or Loram? The Poole v Coventry league meeting where Loram and Hamill are literally bashing into each other?  The Cegeilski meeting wall of death v Coventry? What about Poole winning away?  There’s enough to choose from.

• Like 1

Spot on Keith. Greyhounds Transferred to Swindon till at least October. Stadia UK have furloughed virtually all staff and therefore stadium will be difficult to operate without the staff and so I imagine speedway it’s unlikely this season. Also if social distancing is still in place I think it will be very difficult to implement at a speedway meeting and I can’t imagine they can run speedway without crowds

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

as all the stadium staff bar one have been furloughed will that cause problems?or perhaps the scheme will allow them to work one day per wk? has young ford mentioned if any discussions have taken place with stadium?

I think you may know the answer to that already ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

as all the stadium staff bar one have been furloughed will that cause problems?or perhaps the scheme will allow them to work one day per wk? has young ford mentioned if any discussions have taken place with stadium?

When you are furloughed you cannot undertaker any work for the employer that has furloughed you. You can though work for someone else.