British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2020

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Indeed, but there would be no problem about holding the British GP on any one of several British tracks if it were subsidised by TV.     

Certainly no need to go to the expense of renting Cardiff (or any other luxury stadium) when all that's needed is a circuit.

All that would really be required would be a "pwoper" race-track and reasonable logistics to get riders and officials in and out.

Exactly my point. 

• Like 1

The track is the most important for holding a gp and the national stadium is head and shoulders above scunthorpe plus if it were only the track there is a number of tracks on a par with scunthorpe if not better,the point being made is the obvious bias towards scunthorpe by people in positions of influence "all in the best interests of speedway/scunthorpe " of course!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, lewy said:

The track is the most important for holding a gp and the national stadium is head and shoulders above scunthorpe plus if it were only the track there is a number of tracks on a par with scunthorpe if not better,the point being made is the obvious bias towards scunthorpe by people in positions of influence "all in the best interests of speedway/scunthorpe " of course!

At last your getting with the programme:rofl:

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Countered by your bias against them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no great fan of Mr Godfrey or his club but you really should rein it in a little. There are very few better tracks than Scunny on a good day although as you say any international fixture should automatically be at the NSS as it’s the best we have by some distance. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Countered by your bias against them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no great fan of Mr Godfrey or his club but you really should rein it in a little. There are very few better tracks than Scunny on a good day although as you say any international fixture should automatically be at the NSS as it’s the best we have by some distance. 

It would be bias if so many people didn't agree with me,!

• Haha 1

Anyway moving forward hopefully the management committee have come up with a good way forward which will be to the benefit of british speedway both the riders and fans that's something we all can agree on,I do personally remain hopeful so let's see what they've come up with. 

23 hours ago, Najjer said:

The land that is currently being developed is alongside but not including the current speedway car park and track - This land is what used to be the overflow car park that was used for league meetings and usually full for the Pairs.

Edited: Spelling

Where will people park for big meetings like the pairs?

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Just seen the press release, looks promising at first glance. 

In fairness I think it's rubbish no protection for youth no age limits set. Seems that they wrote the rules so teams could keep the same 7 as 2020 if they could or wanted too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

In fairness I think it's rubbish no protection for youth no age limits set. Seems that they wrote the rules so teams could keep the same 7 as 2020 if they could or wanted too

Seems a bit vague agreed,need to make the lists of riders available in the new grading system and what grade they are but definitely has enabled certain teams keep the same riders

• Like 1