British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, IronScorpion said:

Would Ash Holloway helped in getting him a spot after buying 6 of his tuned engines.

I am sure that if the Rowe family had £30.000 pounds they would of loved to buy Anders 6 Holloway tuned engines - unfortunately they don’t so he took his English bikes and engines - also Holloway did not set the deal up either so wrong information you have there! 

Edited by sideways
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, IronScorpion said:

Would Ash Holloway helped in getting him a spot after buying 6 of his tuned engines.

No Holloway don’t help him get a spot and no he didn’t buy 6 tuned engines as that would of cost £30.000 

He went with his English bikes and engines - so don’t know where you heard that rumour as all false 

• Like 2

With the change in regulations out in Poland, I expect Luke Becker to land a position out there somewhere. He’s been linked with several clubs already.

Assuming that British Speedway sticks with their plans of starting next season with the same line ups, if Becker gets a team position out there then I would expect Somerset to be lining up a replacement for him.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, Cliffeboy said:

Do you think the Rebels will go with BWD again. 

I'd really hope so. Gary May obviously wasn't too happy with BWD and criticised him in the 'announcement' that he wasn't coming back over here this year after being dropped in it so late in the day. Hopefully that will be forgotten about and BWD will sign again.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Najjer said:

Luke Becker has just signed for Łódź in the Polish Second Division - That’ll pretty much rule him out of any Championship side!

That’s a shame I’d personally prefer Becker over BWD. Becker is improving year on year I think Bradley has found his level and will struggle to achieve his average.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Najjer said:

Luke Becker has just signed for Łódź in the Polish Second Division - That’ll pretty much rule him out of any Championship side!

Why?   Berwick have Jye Etheridge signing for Wittstock and Leon Flint for Rybnik.    Both will continue to race CL for the Bandits.

12 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Why?   Berwick have Jye Etheridge signing for Wittstock and Leon Flint for Rybnik.    Both will continue to race CL for the Bandits.

The difference being that Etheridge and Flint are likely to be squad members, where Becker will be first teamer it is expected on a regular basis. That would result in him potentially missing a host of Friday, Saturday and Sunday away league meetings. If I was the Somerset boss, I wouldn’t be prepared to let that happen personally and would look at replacing him. 

• Like 2