British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2020

On 12/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, CountyGround said:

Easter Holiday fixtures........ If we can get Poole great! BUT NOT if riders are missing because of double up/down or overseas.

League fixtures, there should be a limit on missing riders. If say 3? riders are known to be unavailable then alternative dates should be arranged. 

P.S. that's 3 riders total not per team, the sport needs credibility. 

With Poole and Somerset wanting to run in the evening this isn't going to happen.

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As I've put on the Eastbourne thread - Good Friday  at Poole was originally announced for Middlo's Testimonial!!

With the Poole coffers not what they once were, why would you give up possibly your biggest pay-day of the season for a testimonial?

With Middlo's renowned rider connections a barren date would be far better date for the man himself. A top quality line-up (with some riders not U.K. based) would be reflected by a huge crowd. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Why does this always happen at a time when it will be so difficult to get a replacement. Tungate ?

No idea on averages and if he even fits, but I thought he was fairly settled with a Polish team too? Again my knowledge isn’t what it once was with who rides where and when.

A real shame there is no BWD as he was the one of the few glimmers of light in this team and will put a huge dampener for many Somerset fans. Hopefully they manage to find someone suitable and not a duffer. I could see Stoneman being bombed out also for a couple of second strings.

1 hour ago, drew2 said:

Rohan was my first thought too.

Pontus Aspgren may also be an option but think the flights situation may prevent that.

Not sure why Aspgren never came back, as he was quality. Presumably as you say flights and costs etc.

What about Bellego? Absolute mustard at the OTA, there is few better!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes. They don’t seem to affect Nicol though.

Becker has also signed in Poland. Or maybe not?

Also has a spot in Denmark. 

I wonder if a better choice might be getting rid of Stoneman and then using 10 points on 2 riders rather than having to find an 8 pointer. 

could go Greaves and Zach W if you can tempt him back.