British Speedway Forum

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Will we get 24? The Ipswich riders will be bang up for it tonight,,, so 26 is on. 

Would have preferred a slight Ippo lead from first leg.

Will go 58-32.

Edited by auntie doris

The playoff final and 6 pages. Shows what people think of this second leg. No one cares other than the two teams involved and it’s a real shame. 

There’s no drama, jeopardy, nerves or anything about tonight. Flat as a fart pre meeting excitement sorry to say. Just calling it as I see it, not trying to wind anyone up. It’s just a fact.

There’s no baddies you hope will fail, no goodies you hope will win.  We can only hope Ipswich turn up with some fire in their bellies. Because they certainly didn’t have any in the first leg.

If Ipswich get within 20 I will be suprised.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The playoff final and 6 pages. Shows what people think of this second leg. No one cares other than the two teams involved and it’s a real shame. 

There’s no drama, jeopardy, nerves or anything about tonight. Flat as a fart pre meeting excitement sorry to say. Just calling it as I see it, not trying to wind anyone up. It’s just a fact.

There’s no baddies you hope will fail, no goodies you hope will win.  We can only hope Ipswich turn up with some fire in their bellies. Because they certainly didn’t have any in the first leg.

If Ipswich get within 20 I will be suprised.

Just goes to show how poor Poole were then.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Just goes to show how poor Poole were then.

Bloody hell there’s a name from the past!

Yes a wet track in the first leg took away our chance of a proper lead.

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this one sided final.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this dull final.

Swindon would have done you in the first leg so no difference really Poole were poor in the semifinals and don't keep blaming the track yawn

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this one sided final.

I would think the total opposite regarding the neutrals.Many would go for any other team ahead of Poole.

Anyway Ipswich are there on merit,so they deserve to be at Swindon tonight.Not Poole or any other team.Whatever the score might be Ipswich deserve it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I must confess surprise at Ipswich's riding order tonight - King at 2 and Heeps at 5 - or is this another Hawkins masterstroke?

Seems sensible to me. With judicious juggling of the reserves Danny could ride with Iversen three times and Jake Allen once, and  Heeps could ride with Allen or Iversen in each of his races. Ipswich need heat advantages to have any chance, this line-up gives good opportunities for that.

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Seems sensible to me. With judicious juggling of the reserves Danny could ride with Iversen three times and Jake Allen once, and  Heeps could ride with Allen or Iversen in each of his races. Ipswich need heat advantages to have any chance, this line-up gives good opportunities for that.

Not for me- never put a weaker rider at 5 to ride with the reserves 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Don't forget though, Hawkins is team manager 

• Haha 1