British Speedway Forum

Championship Grand Final 2019

but Glasgow did have an awful lot of bad luck . but that speedway . cammy will be lost for words !

well done the lions teamĀ  and S.D. . best team all season and deserved the title . best in the league , but not the world ...........

• Like 1

Glasgow definitely had some bad luck over the 2 legs. Feel we deserve the title though, weā€™ve earned it over the whole, long, season. Credit to all at the club. Champions!!

Edited by Mr Bump
  • Like 2

there is no such thing as bad luck in speedway , good luck and bad luck balance theme selvesĀ Ā out over the season and is part of the sport , as are injuries . money cant buy you(me)Ā love. THE BEATles ....Ā  buzzin for the lions ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

1969 the year I saw the Lions live for the first time.Ā 
2019Ā the year I saw the LionsĀ win the league for the first time .

50 years!Ā 
Thank you to everybody for making it happen. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 7

Well done to Cookie tonight. Many congratulations to Leicester. They topped the table so fully merited the title.

thought whoever had home leg first would have an advantage and I feel Leicester defended their 12 point home win with experienced riders and a more evenly balanced septet.Ā 

• Like 1

A testament to an all round side. A solid performance in both legs but how fitting was it that Ellis Perks, on his way to 3 leagues titles, should not only seal the deal in heat 14, but also be the Lions top scorer.

Well done to the whole team for their fighting performance, tonight and throughout the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jenga said:

congrats to ty proctor on a league double. .. can he do three on the spin ?

i would have wrote the same thing if Glasgow had wonĀ  . kyle and rasser !Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, shazza13 said:

Not forgetting a shield double too Jenga!Ā :party:

i think they will have enough trouble coming to terms with this loss and many others ..Ā Ā 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Well done Ellis..Winners medal with Swindon and Leicester.

Leicester x2 barring accidents

10 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Firstly can i say a huge congratulations to Leicester on their win, better team over the 2 legs and deserved their victory.

Far too many last places over the 2 legs for us and ultimately it cost us. With all the early exclusions tonight I never felt like we ever built up any momentum, barely gated in a heat advantage position all night. Might of got a bit of luck in ht 6 with the Douglas exclusion, I felt that could of went either way.Ā 

Heat 13 masterclass from Cook, not that we would expect any less but still simply sublime.

Onto the final blow in heat 14 and what a ride from young Ellis Perks. To clinch the league in that manner, as much as it hurts us Tigers fans you can't help but doff your cap to the young man for a ride like that, absolutely fair play. Also would like to say what a show of sportsmanship from Lawlor to get the bike off the track when the Tigers were on a 5-1, really wouldn't of blamed him at all if he had stayed down to force a re run, that was a touch of class. I dunno what happened at the weekend between him and the fans down at Leicester but again I have to hold my hands up and say fair play to him for that.Ā 

Looking back and noted that we gained +12 points in heat 13 & 15 over the two legs but still it wasn't enough. So if that doesn't tell you that the best 'team' won then I don't know what will.

Once again congratulations Leicester and enjoy your night!Ā :t::drink:

You. my friend, prove why I still go to speedway after nearly 50 years. A true fan who acknowledges good racing, real sportsmanship and real speedway when he sees it. Tonight saw two quality sides go head-to-head for the trophy we all want. Leicester won, of course, but the real winner was all of us. Even "watching" on updates was nail biting. So as a Leicester fan (till the Bees return) can I say, "Well done to Glasgow".Ā 

• Like 7