British Speedway Forum

Championship Grand Final 2019

5 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Cook's engine failure was unfortunate. That was a six point swing in one race alone. 

Surely only a four point swing? Lions finished 1&2 so if Cook had won  the correct assumption would be a 3 -3 v a 5-1 as Andersen was way behind after lap 1. 

Edited by 1 valve

On 10/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, Gazc said:

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

He's one of the reasons I want Leicester to lift that trophy , opens his gob and the garbage just spills out !! He has never once said that the better team won on the night , always an excuse as to why Glasgow get beat :rolleyes:

Not sure 12 points is enough at Ashfield, Cook and Rasmus will go through the card, , Bailey & Bickley will score more than the 2 at Leicester Nicholls needs to get his finger out, about time he stuck to his broadcasting 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Surely only a four point swing? Lions finished 1&2 so if Cook had won  the correct assumption would be a 3 -3 v a 5-1 as Andersen was way behind after lap 1. 

poor eyesight is a wonderful thing for some of us and even the red and white tinted specs cannot help some ! bach two skool fur sum ov uz EHH 

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Fair point well made. Monday morning posting is never the best idea.

10 hours ago, 1 valve said:

It was a great night and fantastic to see so many visiting supporters attending which really did create a superb atmosphere. The last heat 1 - 5 has definitely given Tigers hope in the tie and sets up the second leg perfectly. lets hope that whatever the result fans from both sides should show their support for their respective teams, riders and eventual winners in a manner befitting of the family sport which is speedway.

Yes let's have no repeat of the 2010 Poole v Coventry after match actions should the Lions end up being champions, but I'm sure the Glasgow promotion wouldn't stoop that low anyway. (There you go a mention of Poole on a thread not concerning them.) :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yes let's have no repeat of the 2010 Poole v Coventry after match actions should the Lions end up being champions, but I'm sure the Glasgow promotion wouldn't stoop that low anyway. (There you go a mention of Poole on a thread not concerning them.) :D

Heard  a rumour track was doctored  for the first leg :lol:

Just to add my opinion on the lawlor, perks issue , where I was standing in the back straight with the rest of my fellow Glasgow fans singing, chanting ,blowing my air horn and having some good crack with a few Leicester fans, joe lawlor came off and was down for a minute or two when he got back up we were applauding  him and shouting c,mon joe, there was and hope there still is a lot of Glasgow fans who like joe, now I might be wrong but maybe he misinterpreted our applause and cheering for him , for which he started to give us the two fingers, and in turn he received that compliment back. Now as for perks just disgraceful and inexcusable behaviour , he went past the back straight no Glasgow fans had any issue with him and gave us all the middle finger, for which that compliment was paid back !!!! Now I for one will welcome most warmly mister perks tomorrow night, as I am sure a lot of Glasgow fans will also. xx

3 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just to add my opinion on the lawlor, perks issue , where I was standing in the back straight with the rest of my fellow Glasgow fans singing, chanting ,blowing my air horn and having some good crack with a few Leicester fans, joe lawlor came off and was down for a minute or two when he got back up we were applauding  him and shouting c,mon joe, there was and hope there still is a lot of Glasgow fans who like joe, now I might be wrong but maybe he misinterpreted our applause and cheering for him , for which he started to give us the two fingers, and in turn he received that compliment back. Now as for perks just disgraceful and inexcusable behaviour , he went past the back straight no Glasgow fans had any issue with him and gave us all the middle finger, for which that compliment was paid back !!!! Now I for one will welcome most warmly mister perks tomorrow night, as I am sure a lot of Glasgow fans will also. xx

fans love to interact with riders and riders with fans . everyone has to man or woman up to todays reactions from other humans . 

hope the meeting goes ahead tomorrow and no funny stuff like doctoring the track, like they did @ Leicester  ......

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

fans love to interact with riders and riders with fans . everyone has to man or woman up to todays reactions from other humans . 

hope the meeting goes ahead tomorrow and no funny stuff like doctoring the track, like they did @ Leicester  ......

Ah bless you Jenga, your really alright . xx

• Haha 1

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, hope its a good meeting and the weather behaves. I think the Tigers will overturn the 12 point deficit with better returns from Cook and the two reserves.

Edited by bellevueace

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, hope its a good meeting and the weather behaves. I think the Tigers will overturn the 12 point deficit with better returns from Cook and the two reserves.

I've got a fancy for Leicester to hold on myself, if Mountain can take care of Glasgow's reserves. Cook & Jensen might be hard to beat and Vissing is in good form too I think Leicester need to pack the minor places so they don't concede too many head advantages. Although 13 & 15 could be tough they need a big night from Nicholls. 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I'm a neutral that has attended the last four meetings at BP. The track has been on the slick side for all of them. How it's possible to doctor the track in such wet conditions is beyond me. They did well to get it on last saturday.

I was standing by the first turn thinking to myself what a crap job we’ve done of doctoring this track. Especially as an opposition rider scores a brilliant, impeccable 15 point max and the only rider to look uncomfortable and fall off was one of our own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I've got a fancy for Leicester to hold on myself, if Mountain can take care of Glasgow's reserves. Cook & Jensen might be hard to beat and Vissing is in good form too I think Leicester need to pack the minor places so they don't concede too many head advantages. Although 13 & 15 could be tough they need a big night from Nicholls. 

You certainly need a big night from Nichols that could make the difference IMO.

• Like 1