British Speedway Forum

Championship Grand Final 2019

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

What poor refereeing decisions? I must have missed that! I think Glasgow were poor and their travelling fans who were brilliant deserved better for their journey. As much as I'm pleased with the lead I did hope for a more exciting meeting... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

What poor refereeing decisions? I must have missed that! I think Glasgow were poor and their travelling fans who were brilliant deserved better for their journey. As much as I'm pleased with the lead I did hope for a more exciting meeting... 

Only quoting what our team manager said, as i say he should be more gracious in defeat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Only quoting what our team manager said, as i say he should be more gracious in defeat.

I've just read it and I'm baffled, the only real decisions he had to make all night was Vissing breaking the tapes and Lawlor falling on his own. 

The Glasgow fans I spoke to were certainly more gracious and certainly not downcast so I'm sure it'll be a close thing on Tuesday, hopefully with the Lions on top! 

At a push I thought we would need a 10 point lead to have a sniff of a chance on aggregate, so on that front 12 is a plus.

However, Glasgows reserves won't be that poor at home and you wouldn't expect Cook or Jensen to drop many points either.

So both teams have it all to go for.

Poor refereeing decisions, didn't he the think Vissing touched the tapes then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

At a push I thought we would need a 10 point lead to have a sniff of a chance on aggregate, so on that front 12 is a plus.

However, Glasgows reserves won't be that poor at home and you wouldn't expect Cook or Jensen to drop many points either.

So both teams have it all to go for.

Poor refereeing decisions, didn't he the think Vissing touched the tapes then?

Who knows i would have preferred he highlighted the first two paragraphs of your post rather than what he did say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If this is the case it could be a massive bite on the ars* he could end up with.

Wouldn't take much to at least congratulate your opponent.

its like cammy is reading from a script at times . the last person to follow scripts and lose was a guy called Adolf !

he prob still thinks that we all live in the 70s and can billshot his way through the season . god help him if he had a run of the mill team to manage . 

we still mates Gaz ?

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

its like cammy is reading from a script at times . the last person to follow scripts and lose was a guy called Adolf !

he prob still thinks that we all live in the 70s and can billshot his way through the season . god help him if he had a run of the mill team to manage . 

we still mates Gaz ?

Course J i always respect my elders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Heat 15 was a killer, and it will probably prove to be when the final was won and lost

Afraid you might be right. Would have preferred Nicholls to Douglas in heat 15 too. Before the meeting though I’d have been relatively happy with a 6 point lead. Given ourselves a fighting chance 

11 hours ago, 40-38 said:

It's odd to come away slightly deflated but with a 12 point lead, I think Glasgow had only had one other heat advantage all night. Cook didn't look interested after his engine went bang and Rasmus Jensen apart Glasgow were far poorer than I expected. Disappointed how Ryan Douglas tailed off and Scott Nicholls should have done better. I still think it'll be close at Ashfield, there's no way Glasgow will be so far adrift there. 

Cook didn't look interested??? Blows his best engine yet still wins his next race aye right 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Cook didn't look interested??? Blows his best engine yet still wins his next race aye right 

Didn't just win it but worked his balls off to do it with an overtake on the last lap, on a track which wasn't allowing much chance.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I'd have to agree. It was a great ride by Vissing to get round Lawson and Douglas on turn two.

You put in a pairing in heat 15, who don't ride together, and possibly in the wrong gate positions, it's going to give a few percentage to the opposition. Looked like the Lions pair left half the track open for Vissing and he took the open goal especially with the dirt having gone to the outside by then. You can't beat having two riders who are used to each other in that situation, or if not then two who have the experience to make the first turns difficult for their oppoenents.

• Like 2