British Speedway Forum

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

8 hours ago, Debbs said:

Freeloader 

If I’m not working I always pay to get in and normally pay for the guests I take with me too. 

But it then again you’re a multi who never goes to a match and just plays with himself on the internet so your opinion counts for nothing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope it will be close otherwise peeps will not have the same enthusiasm for the second leg. Will go Suffolk Tractor Boys 45 Wiltshire Strawsuckers 45. 

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

I hope it will be close otherwise peeps will not have the same enthusiasm for the second leg. Will go Suffolk Tractor Boys 45 Wiltshire Strawsuckers 45. 

I suppose this could be classed as a yokel derby :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Think we will struggle to contain Swindon to be honest but it will still be a great season for us whatever the result.

The pinnacle so far was the semi final second leg but hoping next week can top that

I was at Ipswich when Swindon gave us a masterclass and we cant allow that to happen again

That said last time we won by 6...........i think we need a minimum of 12 points as we dont go well at Swindon............

Best of luck to both sides (but more for us)..at least this year we will have a fair final

17 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Since you are so cock sure of your self,,,, if it's closer than 30,,,,,you come to Foxhall next season and do a lap of the track in ya underwear only.     How's about it? Come on back ya big gob up for once? 

Just my opinion mate. But a lot will depend on the weather, and the state of the tracks. Under normal conditions, Ippo dont stand a prayer.

47 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But it prob won't be normal conditions.  I expect Swindon to win overall,,, but not sure it's such a foregone conclusion.

If Swindon don’t stroll it would be an epic choke. Possibly helped again by the weather, Swindon will again be able to take advantage of the light rain due around 4, with a 90% chance at 7pm. Looks like the luck Ipswich had with the rain at Poole could bite them this time around.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Swindon don’t stroll it would be an epic choke. Possibly helped again by the weather, Swindon will again be able to take advantage of the light rain due around 4, with a 90% chance at 7pm. Looks like the luck Ipswich had with the rain at Poole could bite them this time around.

How awful to be so bitter about defeat:lol:

Personally, if this meeting goes ahead, I'm going to enjoy the experience. I'm proud of my team, and what has been achieved. A great bunch of lads who hopefully several will be back wearing the Witch next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Think we will struggle to contain Swindon to be honest but it will still be a great season for us whatever the result.

The pinnacle so far was the semi final second leg but hoping next week can top that

I was at Ipswich when Swindon gave us a masterclass and we cant allow that to happen again

That said last time we won by 6...........i think we need a minimum of 12 points as we dont go well at Swindon............

Best of luck to both sides (but more for us)..at least this year we will have a fair final

So many digs you might need a new spade for Christmas! :P

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bitter bitter man........a choke is where a team is 10 up after the first leg......and celebrate the fact they think they are already in the final

They then go to the away leg over confident, and arrogant, their riders fail to show any fight and the manager fails to motivate them to try and win the match.............you must remember that second leg, it was at Ipswich where you had already won twice.....................yet your bunch of prima donnas bottled it big time

Just in case you werent sure we have beat Swindon twice at home this season by 6 points and lost away by 2 points...............in case maths isnt your strong point that would mean an overall victory for Ipswich

So just because the team that topped the league had the biggest choke of all time you then feel free to have a dig on here.............why dont you just go to Italy and let the Swindon and Ipswich fans and real speedway fans discuss the meeting

Yes of course Swindon are favourites but Poole were to............i dont think that Rosco will let his team off as lightly as Middlo did

Edited by Gavan

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So many digs you might need a new spade for Christmas! :P

Yes and i will keep digging

Ive endured time after time total and absolute crap from the troll and now im giving him plenty back................and while he remains pathetically bitter about the fact that Poole choked and keeps posting how one sided the final will be then i will keep replying in kind.

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes and i will keep digging

Ive endured time after time total and absolute crap from the troll and now im giving him plenty back................and while he remains pathetically bitter about the fact that Poole choked and keeps posting how one sided the final will be then i will keep replying in kind.

Fair enough, but we were 10 up not 12 ;) Ipswich were the ones with a 12 point lead half way through the first leg :)

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You mean an epic choke like Poole, the team who finished top, so how exactly do you quantify a choke? only winning or losing by 2 on aggregate?

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1