British Speedway Forum

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to both teams for making the final. But unless something utterly dramatic happens this will go down as one of the most one sided finals in the history of the top flight.

I hope Ipswich can somehow come away with some kind of first leg lead to make it a bit more thrilling than the last semi final, but I am not holding out much hope. Man for man Swindon are stronger in virtually every place. 

Current weather forecast is for showers in the afternoon and evening but it’s too far away to be accurate at the moment.

42-48ish.

I thought the semi final was supposed to be one sided..how did that turn out for you............bunch of chokers

Swindon are favourites but we have beat them at home and run them close at their place so who knows

Thing is we are in the final and you lot arent............so why dont you shut your trap and stop annoying the whole forum

As Starman says..........CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Oh well, was hoping for Wolves so we got the 2nd leg at Foxhall but it is what it is and we'll just have to get on with it. 

I know it's 3 days away but I've looked at more than 1 weather forecast and so far it's not looking promising for Monday in Ipswich. 

Every year its rain delays at the crunch time of the season but that discussion has been done to death. 

I'm just hoping for a Witches lead so we've got something to defend against the Swindon gating tarts come the second leg. 

Doyley, Batch, Rasser, Ellis gating tarts?!! Have seen plenty of passes at Swindon this year so hopefully your boys make a few starts in the final so we get to see some more. 

• Like 2

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Doyley, Batch, Rasser, Ellis gating tarts?!! Have seen plenty of passes at Swindon this year so hopefully your boys make a few starts in the final so we get to see some more. 

We can't gate, full stop ! 

Nils, not renowned as a gater

Cam, definitely not 

Bomber, maybe once a meeting but not

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

James, has behaved since his return 

Foxhall is not the best of tracks for passing on so if we don't get out we have no chance! 

10 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Foxhall is not the best of tracks for passing on so if we don't get out we have no chance! 

Well you did ok against Poole!

25 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Haha well it might be the same result as Wolves last night then!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Gating tarts? Have a look on YouTube at some of the passing moves our top 5 have pulled off before making such a crap comment

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Gating tarts? Have a look on YouTube at some of the passing moves our top 5 have pulled off before making such a crap comment

Touchy ! 

They say the truth hurts sometimes. 

I've seen Swindon at Foxhall 3 times this season and compared to the Witches they are gating tarts. 

6 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Not seen many Witches riders making passes at Blunsdon this year either. Spot the pattern.

You won’t in the final either. Swindon are going to make Ipswich a new one.  Swindon fans are of course being cautious and rightly so but being neutral and not caring who wins, it’s a final that’s very easy to predict.  

Is there anyone who actually believes Ipswich have a proper chance? I would really love Ipswich to be able to take a lead into the second leg but this is not realistic. Iversen is not a threat to Doyle in the U.K and going through the teams the only advantage is Allen at reserve.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You won’t in the final either. Swindon are going to make Ipswich a new one.  Swindon fans are of course being cautious and rightly so but being neutral and not caring who wins, it’s a final that’s very easy to predict.  

Is there anyone who actually believes Ipswich have a proper chance? I would really love Ipswich to be able to take a lead into the second leg but this is not realistic. Iversen is not a threat to Doyle in the U.K and going through the teams the only advantage is Allen at reserve.

What some crap you talk surely Speedway as a whole wants it to be a spectacle and entertaining.Ipswich are very dangerous in my book and we start on levels it would be nice if you could say i hope whoever wins enjoy the occasion is that to much to ask.

• Like 2

Well done to Ipswich on making the finals but I can only see a Swindon win on aggregate.

The one team that I was concerned about, Wolves, were made to look average to poor in the semi-finals (granted the weather played a big part in that).

The weather may still play a big part in the finals so anything can happen but, if the teams ride to form, Swindon should win on aggregate by a big margin - and I hope they do.  I did say at the start of the season that Ipswich were cannon fodder so I will expect this post to come back and bite me in the posterior if I am wrong again about their team.  I certainly didn't expect them to beat Poole and they did - so anything can happen.  Fingers crossed for a good two legged final with no injuries and lots of excitement - and a Swindon win of course :wink: #COYR

• Like 1

We can’t look past Ipswich that’s for sure. In the playoffs on merit so must be taken seriously. I do however think we will have too much top end power over the two matches. Ideally keep it tight Monday, anything under 8 & I see no other outcome then a Swindon win. This isn’t meant to sound cocky or anything but just how I see it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

We can’t look past Ipswich that’s for sure. In the playoffs on merit so must be taken seriously. I do however think we will have too much top end power over the two matches. Ideally keep it tight Monday, anything under 8 & I see no other outcome then a Swindon win. This isn’t meant to sound cocky or anything but just how I see it. 

It doesn't sound cocky but it is there for all to see that Swindon are the better team on paper.  Titles aren't won on paper though and full respect to Ipswich if they do cause another upset.

• Like 1

I think Swindon fans have every right to be confident and shouldn't hold back from being so

All else being equal they should win quite comfortably overall and probably should win both legs

I just hope they dont :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon will win this by an agragate of 30 point +