British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

8 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Anyone heard if he’s ok at all ? Didn’t look a bad crash, but I guess it just one of those awkward ones 

He's was on his way home this morning with bad bruising of ribs and neck - bad enough but nothing worse and no breaks, thank goodness!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He's was on his way home this morning with bad bruising of ribs and neck - bad enough but nothing worse and no breaks, thank goodness!!

He's not having much luck this season! Bruising mentioned but I wonder if that's enough to keep him out of the home match against Sheffield on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Local TV Central News tonight had the Dudley Town Crier doing his "Oh Yays" as Dudley applies for City status. The Town Crier looked remarkably similar to that of the Wolves centre-green announcer, Porky???

My Wolves chums say, how can Dudley ever claim city status when the Council doesn't want to have a League Football team (they play in Willenhall), a speedway team (remember Cradley) or even a railway station (it closed in the 60's)!!!

Other 2021 City status applicants include Milton Keynes (Speedway shut), Reading (Speedway shut) and Swindon (is it an omen?)

Edited by Lefty
spelling
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 6:45 PM, Lefty said:

Local TV Central News tonight had the Dudley Town Crier doing his "Oh Yays" as Dudley applies for City status. The Town Crier looked remarkably similar to that of the Wolves centre-green announcer, Porky???

My Wolves chums say, how can Dudley ever claim city status when the Council doesn't want to have a League Football team (they play in Willenhall), a speedway team (remember Cradley) or even a railway station (it closed in the 60's)!!!

Other 2021 City status applicants include Milton Keynes (Speedway shut), Reading (Speedway shut) and Swindon (is it an omen?)

It's the capital of Blackcountrybrexit Land living the dream wonderful place 'bucking the trend' lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Noodles said:

We can but we won't. We'll let Wolves take care of Belle Vue. 

Your not running scared of Belle Vue are you :rolleyes:. Even we beat them at home,mind you that was the only one:(,and we did lose all our matches over the 2 legs.

If I was in Rob's shoes though I would do exactly the same as what most Panthers fans are saying,take Sheffield in the semi and hope Wolves take out Belle Vue which seem to be your bogey side over 2 legs.

While Wolverhampton are top of the league it's hardly helping the continuity of speedway bringing in so many foreign riders. Worryingly there probably won't be many teams to ride against soon. Having home grown talent would probably be more conducive to the survival of British League Speedway?

12 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

While Wolverhampton are top of the league it's hardly helping the continuity of speedway bringing in so many foreign riders. Worryingly there probably won't be many teams to ride against soon. Having home grown talent would probably be more conducive to the survival of British League Speedway?

Having an all British team worked well for Eastbourne didn't it.