British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

From the Newcastle forum page:

..... we are unable to clarify is each individual stadiums capacity, but what we can let the fans know is the capacity as to which we were told Newcastle could have from the dates of May 17th to June 21st.

We were advised by our local authority that they would let no more than a little over 200 fans outside and 75 indoors, which would have to be stretched between the hospitality suite and the main bar upstairs.

Given the above what are the implications for Monmore Green during this period?

Also the Monmore Greyhound website suggest paying public to be admitted to the afternoon meeting on 17th May. Does this have implications on running speedway on the same night?

I'd say thats a very good point, if there's a greyhound meeting then surely public areas will need a pretty good clean between closure of that meeting and turnstiles opening for the speedway

So best hope for no pawses during the greyhound meeting

Edited by Triple.H.

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

We were advised by our local authority that they would let no more than a little over 200 fans outside and 75 indoors, which would have to be stretched between the hospitality suite and the main bar upstairs.

There is no way a club can run with that attendance allowance, even if it goes up after June 21st

33 minutes ago, M.D said:

There is no way a club can run with that attendance allowance, even if it goes up after June 21st

All stadiums with glass enclosed grandstands, must be expecting vastly reduced capacity limits to be imposed. It will soon be make your mind up time for some clubs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

All stadiums with glass enclosed grandstands, must be expecting vastly reduced capacity limits to be imposed. It will soon be make your mind up time for some clubs.

Especially as access to toilets will increase the footfall though the entrance and exits to these enclosed grandstands.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

The Wolves look favourites for the title.

Depends on a heat leader emerging

Masters should be a decent enough number 1, Rory will be a steady 3rd heat leader. Need Morris or Becker or Douglas to step up, otherwise team looks good all round 

Apologies if this has already been covered, I can see a few posts on the subject, but have Wolves made any official announcements on how many will be allowed to attend the early meetings?

I'm not someone who wants to go every week, but Belle Vue and Ipswich at Monmore early in the season is very tempting, especially as tbh like many others these last 12 months have been bad for the old noggin.

Any info gratefully accepted.

Just noticed it's £19 this season, not sure that's a good idea with the diluted product. Maybe lose a few fans? Luckily for me I suppose, il pay £16 after the first few meetings. How did that happen lol. Thought there may be more details on the web site by now with tickets on sale Tuesday

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Have any riders been announced for the opening individual a week tomorrow?

Haven't seen anything. Presume something will appear after Boris gives the green light tomorrow for May 17th start. 

Speculation as to the line up would be limited as only Wolves and P'borough from the PL are not riding on the 17th. One of my chums suggested our riders might have to guest at either BV vs Sheffield or the K.Lynn vs Ipswich meetings. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think I may give the first meeting a miss, £19 plus poor line up by the looks of it. Will wait till the line ups announced I think. Just told my brother £19 and he's having second thoughts at that price. Up the pub maybe

Edited by bruno