British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

I appreciate that this page hasn't seen anything happen for over 2 months. Perhaps an update from 2020 to 2021 in the heading can be done?

It might generate some interest in the further dilution of a so called Premiership as the team news drip feeds out. 

Happy New Year to you all. Keep smilin'  :D

12 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I appreciate that this page hasn't seen anything happen for over 2 months. Perhaps an update from 2020 to 2021 in the heading can be done?

It might generate some interest in the further dilution of a so called Premiership as the team news drip feeds out. 

Happy New Year to you all. Keep smilin'  :D

Much of the same I would expect.

S. Masters 7.35
J. Thorssell 7.33
R. Schlein 6.65
N. Morris 5.38 or L. Becker 5.27
R. Douglas 4.66
B. Nicol 4.00

34.37 or 34.26

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

S. Masters 7.35
J. Thorssell 7.33
R. Schlein 6.65
R. Douglas 4.66
B. Nicol 4.00

34.37 or 34.26

Is Jacob nailed on? He has said that Poland Sunday, England  Monday and Sweden Tuesday was probably not doable 

11 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

S. Masters 7.35
J. Thorssell 7.33
R. Schlein 6.65
R. Douglas 4.66
B. Nicol 4.00

34.37 or 34.26

Thanks on that...

Can we use Paul Hurry as the British reserve? :D

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Is Jacob nailed on? He has said that Poland Sunday, England  Monday and Sweden Tuesday was probably not doable 

Many riders have done it in the past, it depends how much he wants to I guess, although I'm assuming travel will be easier by then, if it's not then im guessing there will be no season anyway

Edited by Call me wolfie

4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

CVS stating all seven riders are committed to 2021 but someone has to be left out due to the rising star rule.

Who do you think will get the chop? I'm going to say Nick Morris will be the one to exit the side.

Masters, Thorssell, Schlein, Becker, Douglas & Nicol with one rising star would be my guess.

Looks a good team, whoever they leave out.

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

max clegg would be my first choice knows the place very well 

Is he really a future star though? Been knocking around for years without progressing an awful lot. 

The rides being suggested are Kemp, Flint, Palin, the Thompson twins, Brennan and Rowe. These are teenagers who could progress nicely with the right development path. Some of them have Polish contracts already. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is he really a future star though? Been knocking around for years without progressing an awful lot. 

The rides being suggested are Kemp, Flint, Palin, the Thompson twins, Brennan and Rowe. These are teenagers who could progress nicely with the right development path. Some of them have Polish contracts already. 

can see these young kids doing NL and championship but 3 leagues would probably put a bit of strain on them just now 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, Ghosty said:

I would like to see Anders Rowe as the young brit for wolves, he has riding skills that would suit the tricky wolves track = good for the team & good for Anders development.

I think Rowe is on everyone radar, made huge strides over the past season and has disproven the doubts i had about him.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, mac101 said:

max clegg would be my first choice knows the place very well 

Max would be a home expert but struggle away (but has plenty of company in that respect) sadly Max came through the ranks when youth backing wasn't as strong and has never had the backing to really push on consistently to the higher levels

• Like 1