British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

I am sure they have looked at it carefully and decided that UK speedway is grinding to a halt here for at least three months. With No income ( or very little ) it will be chaeaper to live "at home" - even with the cost of flying back again IF the season gets underway later in the summer.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, poole keith said:

have i missed something but why dont they just wait it out over here?

Because this thing has barely hit. We are talking months worth of damage.

For a number of people I am coming across this virus and it's upcoming implications still hasn't landed with them.

The severity for British speedway is that there will not be a season. Full stop. 

That's how I see it at the moment.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, had this from ‘Gornal Wolf’. Thought this was worth putting up for others to have a go at.

Speedway Anagrams:

All of these have been Wolves heat leaders:

1:  enough regret

2:  alison designes

3:  prevented banger

4:  ended girlfriend

5:  lone sloe

6:  Korean moslem

7:  wet mom amnesty

8:  dominika racks

9:  enrico ornery

10:  hyde anagram

And some easier ones for any Cradley fans looking in.

1:  Pruce Benhall

2:  Bvor Irown

3:  Toy Rigg

4:  Polin Cratt

5:  Hilly Bamill

Enjoy :t:

Edited by Lefty
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So CVS has stated that unless there is a positive go-ahead next week to start in August 2020 then Wolves will not run until 2021. Without any admissions income there has still been much expenditure so Season tickets will be held over to 2021 when holders will also receive a free 2021 commemorative calendar!!

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So CVS has stated that unless there is a positive go-ahead next week to start in August 2020 then Wolves will not run until 2021. Without any admissions income there has still been much expenditure so Season tickets will be held over to 2021 when holders will also receive a free 2021 commemorative calendar!!

Big deal, I'd rather have the option of a refund. There is no guarantee that this bug won't still be around in 2021.

6 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

One would have thought such an important, to supporters, especially those who have paid for season tickets, statement would have been available on the Official Site wouldn't you?:rolleyes:

Its in white on blue at the lower part of the web site. A lot more supporting info as well. Fair play to CVS looks to be an honest assessment of the situation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just spotted this on the Monmore Green Greyhounds webpage. 

We remain in conversations with the local authority at Monmore and plan to reopen on October 1st.

The past 6 months have been a horribly frustrating and difficult time for all associated with our tracks, but it is our owners who have been most affected. They been incredibly loyal and patient since we went into lockdown in March and even with a reduced capacity it is so important that we have been able to find a way of reopening which will allow them back to the track to see their greyhounds run.

We remain genuinely thankful for their support and look forward to welcoming them back. Tables will be reserved in areas at all tracks for owners to give them priority access as we expect demand to be high with the reduced numbers we are having to operate to.

Monmore will be operating at around 25% of our usual capacity due to the restrictions we have in place and pre booking will be required for all meetings.

We have been in constant conversations with local authorities & DCMS over the past few weeks and months and have produced extremely detailed plans which fully integrate all aspects of social distancing requirements and provide an environment which will keep our staff and customers safe – this has to be our absolute priority. I am sure our customers will respect this having had similar restrictions imposed in all walks of life over the past few months.

Monmore will offer a table only service in bar, restaurant & fast food areas with access to terracing assigned and restricted to the different areas.

It's hard to gauge as on better nights people are crammed in down the home straight.

Not really viable for dining at speedway.

I would guess that max 25% standing outside would be 400-500 to be safe.

Can't see that being viable unless they try to nick the Heathens NDL title (dons tin hat). 

5 hours ago, HGould said:

It's hard to gauge as on better nights people are crammed in down the home straight.

Not really viable for dining at speedway.

I would guess that max 25% standing outside would be 400-500 to be safe.

Can't see that being viable unless they try to nick the Heathens NDL title (dons tin hat). 

Just under 400 was the figure i saw.

• Like 1