British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

6 hours ago, Col said:

Batchelor won't dip much if at all, he's where he likes to be at Swindon with no pressure of being #1. Sheffield will suit him more than Poole.

Jensen could dip, he had a breakthrough year in the UK. Beyond that he was still pretty feeble in the Eliteserin when I saw it on TV.

Haven't seen other two riders mentioned at all 

In top tier still more to come from Ellis (hopefully) &. Perks (certainly), I think.

Swindon should make the playoffs. Injuries aside 

I would agree Sheffield will suit him better than Poole although he's had some pretty decent meetings at Poole over the years. 

On 1/12/2020 at 11:44 AM, gazzac said:

Would have thought no, one on an upward curve, one on a downward one, alienate Broc Nicol now and he may never ride for you again, would be someone else's gain though. 

If Wolves are keen to avoid upsetting, or developing Nicol, presumably as they see him figuring in future years, isn't there a bit of a snag with that? 

I'm presuming that Nicol is an "asset" of Sheffield, and so in future seasons he could be included in their team, regardless of any "investment" Wolves have made in developing him.

Unless Wolves have or are about to pay a transfer fee to Sheffield?

On 1/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

If Wolves are keen to avoid upsetting, or developing Nicol, presumably as they see him figuring in future years, isn't there a bit of a snag with that? 

I'm presuming that Nicol is an "asset" of Sheffield, and so in future seasons he could be included in their team, regardless of any "investment" Wolves have made in developing him.

Don't go ruining the 'excuse'! 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

Being an asset means nothing these days if said rider doesn't want to ride for them. They will take the loan fee instead. 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Being an asset means nothing these days if said rider doesn't want to ride for them. They will take the loan fee instead. 

Indeed, is Nicki Pedersen still a Wolves asset? Both parties hated each other, but Wolves got a healthy loan fee from Eastie for all those years in the 2000's. On that point if he is, has a 'deal' been done on fees with off setting Broc's loan fee against Pedersen's for this season I wonder?

18 hours ago, gazzac said:

Indeed, is Nicki Pedersen still a Wolves asset? Both parties hated each other, but Wolves got a healthy loan fee from Eastie for all those years in the 2000's. On that point if he is, has a 'deal' been done on fees with off setting Broc's loan fee against Pedersen's for this season I wonder?

He is still an asset.

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

VERY much doubt that Nicki would consider himself anyone's asset... which, of course, he isn't

Take your point to a degree, but apart from Wolves I would imagine every team he's ridden for would have thought him an asset in the time he was with them. Be interesting to see what Sheffield think  come the end of the season.

22 hours ago, gazzac said:

Take your point to a degree, but apart from Wolves I would imagine every team he's ridden for would have thought him an asset in the time he was with them. Be interesting to see what Sheffield think  come the end of the season.

And I still imagine Wolves will still get an asset fee?

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

That is still bringing people in though, more people more money, perhaps Sheffield should charge a fee to all the other clubs for increasing their gates

I’m delighted any big name is back in British Speedway and it will add to any gate that much is a fact.

However sadly I think it will need several more coming back to save crowds dwindling gradually. I really hope the likes of Nicki coming back does encourage some stay always to come back however I think it’s a limited amount of people that will show an interest tho sadly.

i really hope crowds are up to prove to the promoters that we need the bigger boys back to help bring more fans back to watching live.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m delighted any big name is back in British Speedway and it will add to any gate that much is a fact.

However sadly I think it will need several more coming back to save crowds dwindling gradually. I really hope the likes of Nicki coming back does encourage some stay always to come back however I think it’s a limited amount of people that will show an interest tho sadly.

i really hope crowds are up to prove to the promoters that we need the bigger boys back to help bring more fans back to watching live.

Which big name rider did you manage to get in the end haha.

1 hour ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Which big name rider did you manage to get in the end haha.

None, like Belle Vue, like Ipswich and Peterborough (quite likely).

Doesnt mean to say they didn’t try. Either way we are still good enough for a top 4 place.