British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Wolves seem to have mucked up their side by signing Nicol.

It was looking like this year’s team, with Nichols for Howarth, was a no brainier.

Instead, they’ve landed Nicol on a 4 and now need to sign a top number one to compensate, plus give the bad news to another of this year’s team.

What a mess.

Sensible team planning should be build from the top downwards not bottom up. By announcing Nicol it tells me that CVS and Adams know exactly what the full team is, and as usual will be a close to the points level as possible. Now I might not exactly like the final 7 riders, but in no way is it a 'mess'. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Trouble is they’re queuing up to get into your reserve berths, with Douglas, Nicol and Becker, but you won’t be able to sign a better number one than Masters.

I know, cos Steve Brum always says no riders come back to GB.  :)

Luke and Ryan are quite capable of banging in big points as we've seen this year, Broc will probably stay at reserve all season but he will more than do his job, I'm quite happy thanks. The top end will be a lot stronger as a result.

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Trouble is they’re queuing up to get into your reserve berths, with Douglas, Nicol and Becker, but you won’t be able to sign a better number one than Masters.

Becker had a great debut season and can only get better. I imagine he will ride at No 2 as a second string and I have no doubt that he will make a success of that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It was looking like this year’s team, with Nichols for Howarth, was a no brainier.

Instead, they’ve landed Nicol on a 4 and now need to sign a top number one to compensate, plus give the bad news to another of this year’s team.

What a mess.

Why does he come in on a 4 surely under 21 riders are lower than 4.

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

True but I know for a fact none at wolves wait and see if I'm right?

Couldn’t care less. We did ok with the side we had last year and it might be something similar so still looks strong to me.

IF we land Freddie or someone similar as plenty of Wolves fans expect then I’m sure plenty will be happy with that. But It won’t happen because you ‘know for a fact’  don’t you. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

What a mess.

It would only be a mess if when the full line up is announced we are way below the points limit. Jumping the gun a bit hope it doesn’t make you look any sillier. :rofl:

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Are you still banging on about 2 riders that have flooded our league with newcomers? :rofl:

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It would only be a mess if when the full line up is announced we are way below the points limit. Jumping the gun a bit hope it doesn’t make you look any sillier. :rofl:

Are you still banging on about 2 riders that have flooded our league with newcomers? :rofl:

DC 2 Brum 0.

And that’s just the start.  :)

33 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

You're not alone.

Not so long ago Jason Doyle and Nick Morris were the top 2 riders in the top league by average. Now that could have been a fluke, but it would have quite a thing to have fluked it for the whole season. He didn't cover himself with glory last season, but I don't know how much effect the injury had on him. On his average I think he is worth another go.

As far as Becker goes I am 100% sure he will be in the team, note the earlier comment about Ermolenko and Correy).So we have sorted the second strings (Morris & Becker) and the reserves (Douglas and Nicol). Just the heat leaders to go.

Whoops, forgot about Schlein, 2 heat leaders to go.

Edited by Beowulf