British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2020

R87

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I read that Silverstone can have full capacity (140,000 spectators) for the British F1 GP in July - surely that is a sign that all restrictions will be lifted

I read today it is classed as a test, just like Snooker world championship was at Sheffield, the tennis to come at Wimbledon to come next week, football at Wembley. There are pre conditions attached.                   
Earliest for speedway is going to be Monday 19th July, as the next date the government is still considering - but it has not been confirmed.

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Probably need some work, so they rather close down.

Nobody as said they want to see it close down. It's the council have come up with the figures that's why CVS is in talks with them to allow more fans in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I read that Silverstone can have full capacity (140,000 spectators) for the British F1 GP in July - surely that is a sign that all restrictions will be lifted

Just read in a morning paper online re Silverstone, adults will have to had the double jab or tested negative. Not yet agreed how to handle children.

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just read in a morning paper online re Silverstone, adults will have to had the double jab or tested negative. Not yet agreed how to handle children.

Given the average age of a speedway fan - you would have thought that most have already been double jabbed - so it does seem harsh to have a blanket sports policy that might end up putting the final nail in the coffin for British Speedway

6 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well after a few weeks of talking with the local council wolves will be allowed more fans on the outside but fans have got to wear masks all the time, but at least keeps the club going which as got to be good. 

Be interesting to see how many of the 40,000 at wembley on tue have masks on!

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, GAH said:

did nowt guesting for wolves at peterboro last week ???

Your point? He wasn’t going to get a maximum or is he expected to.

Gated well and a promising kid. That’s all you need when you already a decent reserve in place already.

His job is solely to outscore the other RS. 

1 hour ago, GAH said:

i have watched a lot more of him than for sure  a full season for the colts  so i know what a type of rider he is !! decent agreed !!

I saw his first full season with the Brummies :rolleyes: so I’ve seen lots of him, probably more than you.

He has clearly turned another corner in the winter, great to see him in Wolves colours and doing magnificent tonight.

Hopefully he will stay with Wolves for many a season.

Just now, GAH said:

where have i said it's not !! just stating the fact he did nowt at peterboro !! 

Your quote questioned the signing with a question mark. Thankfully the right decision.

id always prefer watching a proper young riding star anyway.