British Speedway Forum

Extraleague/E winner div 1/Div 2 2020 confirmed signings and news

52 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE was only go to ride there anyway. Nicki Pedersen had planned to race in England, Denmark, Poland and Sweden.

I didn't know of his plans.   But it is still a sign of commitment to live in Poland for the season.

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

I didn't know of his plans.   But it is still a sign of commitment to live in Poland for the season.

Not much of a commitment if thats all he was doing anyway.

I guess he's assuming there will be no SGP series requiring him to travel outside Poland and then quarantine 14 days to get back in each time?!

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess he's assuming there will be no SGP series requiring him to travel outside Poland and then quarantine 14 days to get back in each time?!

TBF I'd say uprooting your family and moving to a foreign country is a fairly big commitment.

49 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You could not be more wrong.   He is moving to Poland to live there during the season, doing a 14 day self isolation before he can start a bike and he will take a huge pay cut.     

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

You could not be more wrong.   He is moving to Poland to live there during the season, doing a 14 day self isolation before he can start a bike and he will take a huge pay cut.     

You did read the bit that doing Poland was all he had?

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

How much Family does Freddie have in Andorra (other then Carolina which I assume is coming along to Poland)? He was only going to do Poland + GP anyway so it
isn't the same as if Nicki would have moved to Poland he would have to leave his kids and family behind.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

It mentions in the press release the 2 metre self distancing will be observed.  How can this happen across the start line or during a race? 

Excluded for not self distancing, that won't be a problem for many riders. Nicki Pedersen however won't finish a race...

Svemo just announced that all previously approved permits for Swedish riders in Poland have been revoked/declared invalid by Svemo to make sure  that the Swedish
riders will be available in Sweden if/when the Swedish league season starts. This only applies as long as the borders are closed/quarantine is needed.
If/when travel restrictions within Europe are being lifted the Swedish riders will again be allowed to race in Poland. It only applies to riders who
contract with a Swedish club to rider in the Swedish leagues. Svemo has taken decision after consulting the Swedish riders and the Swedish clubs.

https://www.svemo.se/Nyheter/Speedway/svenskaspeedwayforaresutfardadestarttillstandipolenogiltigforklaras

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1