British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2021

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Just seems bizarre to exclude/penalise locals, would have thought that it would be those that you'd try to attract. Unless that idea has been exhausted. 

It's like great deals for 'new customer's',,, should look after your bread and butter, just my opinion tho.

It’s to stop riders racing in front of no one watching. And then a 1000 people online. That’s the idea behind it. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Just seems bizarre to exclude/penalise locals, would have thought that it would be those that you'd try to attract. Unless that idea has been exhausted. 

It's like great deals for 'new customer's',,, should look after your bread and butter, just my opinion tho.

If they opened it up to anyone it would get abused and crowds would go down. It’s aimed at those who are too far away to attend to still watch their side and away fans who can’t make the journey but can still cheer on their side also. 

for example if it was open to locals then why go and pay £17 when you could watch it at home for £10 the club would be doing themselves out of money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

If they opened it up to anyone it would get abused and crowds would go down. It’s aimed at those who are too far away to attend to still watch their side and away fans who can’t make the journey but can still cheer on their side also. 

for example if it was open to locals then why go and pay £17 when you could watch it at home for £10 the club would be doing themselves out of money.

I get what you say, but would you not run the risk of some fans turning red?

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tend to agree ,outside the diehards there is not a lot of interest in the sport these days ,the club would risking people just staying at home paying £10 for the family to watch speedway.Good initiative by the promotion though.

Surely the diehards would go regardless?

A know folk are doing what they can to try and make speedway more viable, just think it's a bit risky to alienate locals from the deal IMO.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A know folk are doing what they can to try and make speedway more viable, just think it's a bit risky to alienate locals from the deal IMO.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Bit of dodgy weather around and they might stay in the house knowing they would see speedway if it was on.Wonder what the rules would be if the meeting started and was abandoned before Ht 12

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Tend to agree ,outside the diehards there is not a lot of interest in the sport these days ,the club would risking people just staying at home paying £10 for the family to watch speedway.Good initiative by the promotion though.

The diehards will still be there, it is just the maybe's or lapsed supporters that might be interested so it is a win win for the club. Massive respect.

I see that Nathan Greaves has signed for Armadale Devils,. 

In my opinion he should be riding for the Monarchs in place of 1 or 2 others with a lower average.

Whats not to like, young gained good experience with Redcar last year, he could be ready to take the next step.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, ekimba said:

In my opinion he should be riding for the Monarchs in place of 1 or 2 others with a lower average.

Whats not to like, young gained good experience with Redcar last year, he could be ready to take the next step.

If either of the newcomers falter, he's a ready made replacement!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, ekimba said:

He had his chance for “the next step” with sheffield year before as well.didnt take either .

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigred said:

He had his chance for “the next step” with sheffield year before as well.didnt take either .

Well last year was his highest ave, a slow improver not a overnight sensation!

2016: Sheffield (2.32)
2017: Ipswich (4.51)
2018: Redcar / Glasgow (4.09)
2019: Redcar (4.61)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, szkocjasid said:

Well last year was his highest ave, a slow improver not a overnight sensation!

2016: Sheffield (2.32)
2017: Ipswich (4.51)
2018: Redcar / Glasgow (4.09)
2019: Redcar (4.61)

I agree, and here's an example.

Charles Wright:

2007: Workington (3.57)

2008: Workington (4.00)

2009: Workington (4.75)

2010: Redcar (4.64)

2011: Workington/Leicester (3.75)

2012: Edinburgh/Glasgow (4.05)

……...

……...

2019 Tops Peterboroughs averages in the Premier League

Tops Redcars averages in the Championship.

British Champion!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Good sponsors . Could have some fun on here with the WTF Monarchs this season 

To be fair I usually said WTF the Monarchs after there twelfth visit to Ashfield in seasons past.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2020-03-11/monarchs-engage-with-edinburgh-city-plan-2030 

If anyone fancies helping the club finding a permanent home that will see the monarchs have a long term future can they click the link above and show your support to have another purpose built stadium in the UK. 

can only be a good thing for the sport in the UK if we can get enough support.

• Like 1