British Speedway Forum

Warsaw GP 2022 Saturday May 14th

https://www.wp.pl/?s=sportowefakty.wp.pl%2Fzuzel%2F878846%2Fzuzel-pge-ekstraliga-pojedzie-bez-kibicow-ewinner-1-liga-szuka-5-milionow-zeby-z&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=sf&utm_campaign=sgf

If the ban on public gatherings and enforced quarantine for border crossers is what it sounds like it is, then it won't just be dinglong who'll be after refunds. The entire SGP series will become untenable.

It's a problem to find the right thread for this post so I'll add here.  It is relevant with Warsaw being a huge city with an expected 50k crowd at a stadium near the city center. 

Oktoberfest held annually in Munich has been cancelled for 2020.  Yet another indication of a country banning a mass gathering even as far ahead as October.

Edited by Mark

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's a problem to find the right thread for this post so I'll add here.  It is relevant with Warsaw being a huge city with an expected 50k crowd at a stadium near the city center. 

Oktoberfest held annually in Munich has been cancelled for 2020.  Yet another indication of a country banning a mass gathering even as far ahead as October.

It would be more relevant if Munich was in Poland. ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It would be more relevant if Munich was in Poland. ;)

Munich isn't in Poland.   Are you sure ?   

Even the least educated forum member will see the relevance of cancelling a mass gathering also linked to international travel.  Germany are at the forefront of keeping infection numbers and deaths from the virus low.   Just my opinion but other countries will have to follow this lead or could be made to look pretty stupid.    Poland have been very decisive on closing their border at an early stage.   

Teterow sure to be off unless run with no crowd.

Edited by Mark

I did post it earlier, but buried away on the long track thread, where I thought it more relevant 

I also saw the news earlier that there are still problems at the Danish/ German border where apparently having a spouse or family living on the other side of the border isn’t an important enough reason to be allowed through. So it will be hard for speedway riders I guess to keep going in and out of the country, even if speedway starts up

Edited by iris123
  • Thanks 1

All professional sport and public gatherings in the Netherlands now banned until September 1st at the earliest.   I'm expecting other countries to follow the lead of both Germany and Holland.     Teterow will be off unless run with zero crowd.

Edited by Mark

11 hours ago, Mark said:

All professional sport and public gatherings in the Netherlands now banned until September 1st at the earliest.   I'm expecting other countries to follow the lead of both Germany and Holland.     Teterow will be off unless run with zero crowd.

Teterow is off. I posted a link a couple of days ago. And to give them some credit they did announce it quite quickly after the governments recommendations last week. It was one of the first big events announced and so had quite a bit of tv and internet exposure through that 

As you pointed out, it was a bit confusing just which thread to post on.....

Edited by iris123
  • Thanks 1

Due to a ban imposed by the German government on all outdoor events until August 31, 2020 as part of measures to stall the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), this year’s 2020 Aztorin German FIM Speedway Grand Prix, scheduled for May 30, has been postponed.

This decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the FIM, BSI Speedway, the German Motorsport Federation (DMSB) and the Bergring Arena promoter out of concern for the safety of all involved.

All parties are studying alternative dates for the event and further details will be provided in due course.

FIM Communications

On 4/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Teterow is now finally 'postponed' officialy.

And yet despite Czech's closed borders, the Prague SGP hasn't been cancelled or postponed. In fact BSI were quoted in the Polish press that it will go ahead as normal.

AS NORMAL!!!

Yes, roll up, roll up, buy your tickets off the SGP web site. 

p.s. NO REFUND if you can't enter the country to watch the event - that'll be your penalty for being stupid enough to fall for this BSI trick.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/878939/zuzel-promotor-grand-prix-oszalal-praga-zgodnie-z-planem-czesi-mowia-to-niemozli

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

And yet despite Czech's closed borders, the Prague SGP hasn't been cancelled or postponed. In fact BSI were quoted in the Polish press that it will go ahead as normal.

AS NORMAL!!!

Yes, roll up, roll up, buy your tickets off the SGP web site. 

p.s. NO REFUND if you can't enter the country to watch the event - that'll be your penalty for being stupid enough to fall for this BSI trick.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/878939/zuzel-promotor-grand-prix-oszalal-praga-zgodnie-z-planem-czesi-mowia-to-niemozli

When will you get it into your thick head that BSI are providing a link to the Prague GP tickets only- and do so with all the non BSI promoted GP`s- the Promoter is Prague speedway. The promoter Prague speedway is using Ticket Portal CZ. Do you suggest  that BSI should not put the links on their website ??

Whether the GP should have been called off by now is a different matter and the FIM/BSI and the local promoter should make a decision at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

When will you get it into your thick head that BSI are providing a link to the Prague GP tickets only- and do so with all the non BSI promoted GP`s- the Promoter is Prague speedway. The promoter Prague speedway is using Ticket Portal CZ. Do you suggest  that BSI should not put the links on their website ??

Whether the GP should have been called off by now is a different matter and the FIM/BSI and the local promoter should make a decision at the earliest opportunity.

It's so tiresome. He isn't just a negative speedway fan, he's a negative speedway fan who goes to the ends of the earth, and is often wrong, to attempt to prove his point.

Edited by JCookie
  • Thanks 1