British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

Well Crumpie's score won't lie, hope he goes well and reckon he's a positive addition to the PL.  Ipswich fans, and also Sheffield fans with NickiP, must be well-excited for the new season.  Reminds me a bit of the 'buzz' around Hull in 1978 after signing Ivan during the close season....

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

5 weeks tomorrow we kick off at the Showground. Can’t wait to get going now! Always a long Winter but Spring is on the horizon. Can’t beat the start of a new season 

This meeting may have to be put back until March 2021 in order for Peterborough to complete there team building. 

They are in talks via carrier pidgeons with various riders as it cheaper than using the phone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

This meeting may have to be put back until March 2021 in order for Peterborough to complete there team building. 

They are in talks via carrier pidgeons with various riders as it cheaper than using the phone. 

Really - I think pigeon food had soared in price recently :P

I think the widening has improved things a bit, I’ve not been for quite a few years but looking at some of the heats which pop up on the BSPA site from the Foxhole many of those passes wouldn’t have happened on the old narrow track. It can’t / won’t happen but it could probably do with being widened outwards rather than inwards. Hopefully the extra banking will help, can’t do any harm. 

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Cheers,,,,, that's cracking news,,, and can only be good. 

How does the banking work with the stock car track around it , does it form a ridge that gets flattened by the cars or leave the area as a kind of hump were the two tracks meet.

Edited by scoobydoo

On 2/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, Arch Stanton said:

You also can’t keep chopping and changing willy nilly throughout the season. Get a reputation for that and you’ll struggle to sign riders in the winter

Didn't do Poole any harm

• Haha 1