British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Ben Howe was superb to watch on his day. 

one of the best racing styles I have seen.

17 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Know what your saying pinny, Ben Howe was worth the entrance money alone and luckily couldn't gate for toffee's so was always good entertainment, a group of us used to sponsor Ben back in the day and i still say to this day if he had of had the backing Sal got he would of gone haps a lot further in the sport.

love it when ben howe came to poole to ride for Ipswich worth every penny of gate money

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Know what your saying pinny, Ben Howe was worth the entrance money alone and luckily couldn't gate for toffee's so was always good entertainment, a group of us used to sponsor Ben back in the day and i still say to this day if he had of had the backing Sal got he would of gone haps a lot further in the sport.

He raced for Newport in about 2000 , came in on an average of over 11 that he was never going to match but think he got about 8. 

he was woeful at times though and looked like he couldnt careless , on a lot of away tracks.

he was superb around Newport though and was there the day he broke the track record , he looked like he was going to break it after 2 bends you could just tell. 

horrible injuries ruined him, his nasty one at Arena when ploughing into a fallen rider and hitting the fence probably what finished him. 

Yeah Ben broke his arm in 12 places i seem to recall and that pretty much finished him, he sat out a couple of seasons after that I believe before riding for Mildenhall in 02 or haps 03 but was really to good for that standard of racing at the time and after that just slipped out of racing.

I'm wondering that in honour of Danny being such an entertainer, that it would be fitting to have a minutes applause instead of silence or possibly a minute of each? 

Also whatever happens,,, we don't post any negative comments about team performance. Let's really get behind our riders and spur them onto the title in Danny's honour. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm wondering that in honour of Danny being such an entertainer, that it would be fitting to have a minutes applause instead of silence or possibly a minute of each? 

Also whatever happens,,, we don't post any negative comments about team performance. Let's really get behind our riders and spur them onto the title in Danny's honour. 

Judging by the article about the funeral, the after "party"(not a wake)  and the fact that they asked for bright colours as well, with Danny's favourite colour being pink, I think a minutes applause would be fitting Baldy. :t:

21 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

He's maybe more miss than hit BUT if you could get a tune out of him he could match any of the top riders averages if he fancied it

Find out within the next month or so anyway lol 

He has been a virtual miss for many a season in the UK before his 4th sacking.

Wasn't Chris quoted last season as saying he didn't want to embarrass Scott with the deal he was able to offer him? I doubt much has changed since last season with what Scott wants deal wise even tho he can no longer demand heat leader money, yeah he would make a very good reserve round Foxhall and a few away tracks but would struggle at Peterborough and Belle Vue.