British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

The worrying thing is other than Holder and Iversen I can't think of any rider who would fill the number 1 criteria. 

Hancock is the only other name but he I very much doubt would be interested and after a year out could be a risk. 

Other than that I'm struggling! 

If Nicholls had been factored in at the bottom end on his bargain average I wouldn't be so worried 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

If its smolinski,,,, wooden spoon is ours,,,,, 7,56 average,,, some of that gained at reserve.   All that says to me is desperation and no decent rider wants to race for Ipswich. 

Why didn't we snap up one of Swindons riders,,,, or another one of Pooles,,,,, surely a Kurtz, josh G or Ellis or another rider like that our within our budget,,, with our sponsor helping Sheffield get Pedersen. 

Best we move back down where we didn't have a problem attracting riders 

No Swindon riders were available as Tobi doesn’t want to start of riding in Britain.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Didn’t Rossiter deny that?

Yes he did, but article in Swindon Advertiser with Terry Russell implies Toruń don’t want him to ride in Uk and they are paying him a lot of money to get them back into top league. So I guess he has accepted their terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Really poor to be going into February almost with no announcement 

Perhaps it's not ideal but it's hardly a great issue really. 

A team will come to the tapes in late March in splendid Witches/Tru colours and do us proud - that's what matter surely......

• Like 3

On 1/25/2020 at 11:17 PM, Baldyman said:

Was just thinking local connection and hasn't been announced anywhere else.    Do any other good riders not riding have a local connection? 

Seems you have to know to know,,, unless it's made up bull obviously

Didnt Kolodezji lodge in Ipswich when he last rode in the UK..

• Like 1