British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

24 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

told you stop looking in the mirror if you want to stop seeing t  i t  s  :party:

The fact that you had to edit such a simple sentence says it all...... :):icon_smile_clown:

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Norfolk actually ;) never agreed with the “tractor boys” tag for Ipswich. Plenty love it though so maybe just me! Norfolk definitely known far more for their farming community. 

Perhaps them old farmers north of the border relied on the old Suffolk Punch to get them fields ploughed. Latterly those Suffolk folk showed them Norfolk yokels how to drive them tractors cause they could not ride them four legged friends. Mechanics hit Suffolk first but the ripple effect eventually went north of Diss. Can’t see how else the reputation arose. A bit of a debate over the sugar beet but in reality all is even. Norfolk farms grow sh... and Suffolk boys dish it out. A draw as far as one can see.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Clearly having the same problems as 12 months ago. Desperately searching for that elusive #1 and coming up short, again. 

Desperately searching? Really?

Sheffield pop into the PL and sign Pedersen. Leicester signed Vaculik and Przedpelski. BV sign Kildemand.

Ipswich sign Chris Harris.

It’s not the riders that are lacking, it’s the ambition.

To be fair the witches are one of the most supported clubs in the league, quite a consistent gate, big turnout for cup finals or play off finals and to top if off have some good sponsors

Surely this puts the club in a better fiscal position to sign a number 1 of a high standard IF they can find a rider to come and ride here

So if one does not come in it's a lack of ambition on the promotion, here is hoping....

Welcome Zagar!

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Desperately searching? Really?

Sheffield pop into the PL and sign Pedersen. Leicester signed Vaculik and Przedpelski. BV sign Kildemand.

Ipswich sign Chris Harris.

It’s not the riders that are lacking, it’s the ambition.

The fact that Ipswich were a top 4 side virtually all season long and made the Play Off Final it would suggest ambition isn’t lacking.

Everyone wrote them off before a wheel was turned this year so it would be foolish to do the same again imho.

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The fact that Ipswich were a top 4 side virtually all season long and made the Play Off Final it would suggest ambition isn’t lacking.

Everyone wrote them off before a wheel was turned this year so it would be foolish to do the same again imho.

Err ... except that wasn’t the point that I answered, which was whether Ippo could sign a good number one.

They didn’t this year and don’t seem to have done so yet for next year.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Does seem strange that we share a sponsor with Sheffield and they can pull off Pedersen, but we cant get anyone

I will reserve judgement until we know for sure.....

• Like 2

Remember Ipswich speedway is a stand alone business. It’s not a tax avoidance toy like some teams maybe. 
if the figures don’t stack up at the end of the season it will not continue. 
of course I want a winning team but not at all costs. Because once gone it’s difficult to get back. Rye house lakeside and Workington etc

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

worzel is a scarecrow so you can have them in any farmers fields anywhere in the country !!

Just as cock wombles can be found anywhere but a prime example seems to be based in Manchester....:)

If you can’t respect the posters and just keep giving insults and name calling just jog on and stop posting it’s getting boring. We are talking about the Ipswich team or lack of at the moment and you are adding nothing to it

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Err ... except that wasn’t the point that I answered, which was whether Ippo could sign a good number one.

They didn’t this year and don’t seem to have done so yet for next year.

You said they lacked ambition and my point disagreed.