British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

You are conflating two separate rules. BP and Crump have both been away long enough to get reassessed, but don't qualify for an additional reduction for missing a year. Most obviously Crump rode in the British Final last year and Bjarne has ridden every season since he left Poole.

Individual meetings do not count towards averages so 2ndbendbeernut is not wrong - you are just not understanding what he is saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crumpet82 said:

I hope the Witches have a great season, sadly i won't be here to cheer them on as we will soon be off to the UAE for a 2 year work related move. Give Crumpy a big cheer for me. :)

Good luck 82 - perhaps you will be able to stream the meetings......:)

• Like 1

I know there is a pandemic on and to honest any speedway is a bonus this year. However for the sport to move forward and thrive again this doubling up really needs raining in its now out of control. 

Good luck to Crumpy and the rest of the doubling up riders at least it keeps them busy without the need to ride overseas. 

6 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I know there is a pandemic on and to honest any speedway is a bonus this year. However for the sport to move forward and thrive again this doubling up really needs raining in its now out of control. 

Good luck to Crumpy and the rest of the doubling up riders at least it keeps them busy without the need to ride overseas. 

The thing is with only 6 teams the pl is a joke decent UK based riders need to be busy imo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I really don't understand why people have such a problem with doubling up. 

I can because the whole thing has got way out of hand, however for 2021 there would be nowhere near enough riders to fill eighteen teams without most of the riders who are able to race here doing so in both leagues. So until the world sorts itself out again and Poland relaxes its rules and regs (which may not happen anyway) it’s here to stay. 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can because the whole thing has got way out of hand, however for 2021 there would be nowhere near enough riders to fill eighteen teams without most of the riders who are able to race here doing so in both leagues. So until the world sorts itself out again and Poland relaxes its rules and regs (which may not happen anyway) it’s here to stay. 

But why is it "why out of hand"? 

With no clashes in fixtures anymore what the difference in a rider doing Ipswich & Plymouth than a rider doing Ipswich & Wroclaw for example? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

But why is it "why out of hand"? 

With no clashes in fixtures anymore what the difference in a rider doing Ipswich & Plymouth than a rider doing Ipswich & Wroclaw for example? 

It’s a fair point. Fixed race nights have made a big difference. Originally it was just for British riders at reserve and ideally I would restrict it to Brits but I think it’s got to a point now where phasing it out / down would take many years. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Fully agree, plus as already previously stated there aren’t enough riders to fill all teams. 

Edited by stevebrum
Wrong word edit
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's the credibility issue for me. In a supposed professional elite sport you have a rider who can be contracted to two different teams in the same country. Then by the time you add in the guest regulations its possible that one rider could ride for every professional club across the two divisions in one season. 

I guess it bugs me because I still have the hope of the sport growing and getting the support and attention it deserves. While things like this go on its very difficult to see that ever happening. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I’ve said this many a time - it was a huge problem before the fixed race nights and riders missing matches left right and centre but problem was solved by the introduction of that. Aslong as riders attend every meeting (other than for injury) then it shouldn’t be an issue for any fans really.

I always like the idea of a relegation play off at the end of the year, but understand that doubling up is just one of the reasons that can’t happen.

Now, the guest facility.... that is a real problem!

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2