British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

In the Speedway Star today, Chris Louis says there will be two changes from the 2020 team. Question is, was it two changes before he knew about Jake Allen missing GB this year, or was he fully aware by the time he gave his comments to the Star?

Lets assume the two missing are Allen and Covatti, then we know the team will contain..

1 Crump

2 ?

3 Heeps

4 King

5 Klindt

6 ?

7 Kemp

Can’t find the averages, but I’m guessing looking at that, that we must be looking at a couple of 3 pointers to go with Kemp!? 
Still believe it’s a big mistake retaining Crump on that daft average. Thought it last year, even more daft this year with this points limit. 

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

3 pointer at 6 for defo.  That leaves 3.9 

So with Crump still in team,,, Allen wouldn't have fitted anyway. 

Sorry I don’t mean to keep sounding negative, but if Crump is off the pace which I think he might well be, and he’s partnered with a rider up to 3.9 then that has disaster written all over it. Yes of course we should be glad to see any racing at all and I’m sure people will tell us to be grateful, but it’s still ok to want to be competitive all the same. 

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sorry I don’t mean to keep sounding negative, but if Crump is off the pace which I think he might well be, and he’s partnered with a rider up to 3.9 then that has disaster written all over it. Yes of course we should be glad to see any racing at all and I’m sure people will tell us to be grateful, but it’s still ok to want to be competitive all the same. 

Come on Arch,,,,, behave ya self,,, it's my job to do all the negative stuff :P,,, but I agree with ya 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

In the Speedway Star today, Chris Louis says there will be two changes from the 2020 team. Question is, was it two changes before he knew about Jake Allen missing GB this year, or was he fully aware by the time he gave his comments to the Star?

Lets assume the two missing are Allen and Covatti, then we know the team will contain..

1 Crump

2 ?

3 Heeps

4 King

5 Klindt

6 ?

7 Kemp

Can’t find the averages, but I’m guessing looking at that, that we must be looking at a couple of 3 pointers to go with Kemp!? 
Still believe it’s a big mistake retaining Crump on that daft average. Thought it last year, even more daft this year with this points limit. 

Are we sure Klindt is eligible. The latest information I can find, he is riding in the Polish Division One (Ostrow), Sweden (Lejonen) and Denmark (Vojens)

2 hours ago, tocha said:

Are we sure Klindt is eligible. The latest information I can find, he is riding in the Polish Division One (Ostrow), Sweden (Lejonen) and Denmark (Vojens)

Good point.......

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pretty sure I read an article a couple of weeks ago with Klindt committing himself to the UK and Ipswich. Not sure where I read it though

I think the Polish restriction is for riders in the Extra League, not the lower leagues i.e. Div 1 etc. 

Hope I've got that right. 

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

With 3.9 left, you knows it got to be another brit,,,,,,,, better not be Simon Lambert.   Is Tom Bacon still riding? Maybe Shane's? A champ average of 5.46 or below 

Ash Morris

Sarj

Greaves

Poss Kyle Newman

Not an inspiring list to be fair with the exception of Bacon. Mountain worth another look? Kinsley is local-ish and unless ive missed something Stefan Nielsen would fit?

Another important point not confirmed is the minimum average

Nothing to say it will still be 3. To encourage using extra young Brits it could be 2 again....

Could make a huge difference to the final pieces of the jigsaw

• Like 1

CL is on at 1.17.40 if anyone interested in giving it a listen 

Interesting that in 2022 there will be 2 rising stars in each league.

With the likes of King and Crump in teams the rising stars will have someone to look up to and get help from.

Individual series at each club, but that will be dropped if season is shortened. A GP like series. 

Supporters have been loyal and 85% of season tickets have been kept. 

Sheffield have lost Pedersen but have come out of it better with Batch.

Kemp gained a lot from 2020, and CL lookimg forward to working with hometown lad.  

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Thanks 1