British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s an interesting one as you’d assume whoever it is is on a hefty average? If he’s the best number 6 in the league. Not doable if Crump is retained on his inflated average at 1. Throws up all sorts of questions! Newcomer on an assessed average perhaps?

That's maybe what I'm thinking,, a new rider to these shores on  a 4. Or is it Johno making his comeback, :rofl:

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or maybe Chris has been inspired by Crumpy and decided to give it another bash :D

To be fair I expect Chris could still do the business at foxhall.  I remember at mildenhall when he promoted there the riders said the track was unfit.  Chris jumped on a bike and went round absolutely fine and declared the meeting would go ahead !!!

• Like 1

What i don;t understand is that there are quite a few european riders who won't be riding in 2021 yet their clubs are all over social media saying they are using the same team or trying to, I don't think many at the BSPA actually spoke to their 2021 riders beforehand to see if most are coming back in 2021

There are going to be absolute bucket loads of team changes

On 1/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, sommelier said:

Ipswich have IMO the very best no6 coming to Ipswich!

Oh crumbs are Kings Lynn fans going to be mighty relieved? You have always struck me as a sensible and knowledgeable poster and backs riders with more riders with more than just words (like Kemps 6k engine) but i fear this latest involvement may be quite a folly.:cry:

On 1/22/2021 at 9:20 PM, Baldyman said:

And the riders that have beaten him are way lower on the pecking order, supposedly. I don't have a problem with him being in the Ipswich line up,,, but on a more realistic average of 6. I don't see the point of having a rider that will clearly drop his average by possibly a quarter.  As already said though,,, it may all be about bums on seats.  Or maybe he will be somewhere else. 

It's actually not  bad thing. Swindon did it with Jason Doyle a few years back when he was given a 13 average.

Once the new averages come into effect then you can make team changes and still have Jason on a more realistic average and it will make the team stronger. Plus, you'll still have the pleasure of watching a legend riding in the team.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

It's actually not  bad thing. Swindon did it with Jason Doyle a few years back when he was given a 13 average.

Once the new averages come into effect then you can make team changes and still have Jason on a more realistic average and it will make the team stronger. Plus, you'll still have the pleasure of watching a legend riding in the team.

Trouble is I wouldn’t want to lose any of the other 6    

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Oh crumbs are Kings Lynn fans going to be mighty relieved? You have always struck me as a sensible and knowledgeable poster and backs riders with more riders with more than just words (like Kemps 6k engine) but i fear this latest involvement may be quite a folly.:cry:

You will not be disappointed with the YOUNG English lad! 

38 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We have 6 riders already (assuming that Drew is the Rising Star) The Witches need a 6th rider to complete the team BUT the other 5 are over the points limit, so which one of Crump, King, Klindt, Allen and Heeps will be released and then another rider will be needed to replace them.....  

45 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We have 6 riders already (assuming that Drew is the Rising Star) The Witches need a 6th rider to complete the team BUT the other 5 are over the points limit, so which one of Crump, King, Klindt, Allen and Heeps will be released and then another rider will be needed to replace them.....  

So let's says the new number 6 is a 3 pointer how much does that then take us over limit?