British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2020

On 11/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, lisa-colette said:

You seemed quite happy to have Chris Holder at KL though. Actually one of the few KL fans positive about it! And if we are in a different league, average manipulation has no purpose! 

I'll admit to wanting to give Chris the chance after Poole left him on the shelf in his darkest days. I thought back to his early days with IOW when he wanted to conquer every track, have a video somewhere I took of him being interviewed at Lynn, good guy. His Lynn experience was a different kettle of fish to his heady days at Poole, shame it ended like it did ..... 

Not got over Adam Ellis and 2018 yet though, perhaps skued my thoughts :(((((

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trees said:

I'll admit to wanting to give Chris the chance after Poole left him on the shelf in his darkest days. I thought back to his early days with IOW when he wanted to conquer every track, have a video somewhere I took of him being interviewed at Lynn, good guy. His Lynn experience was a different kettle of fish to his heady days at Poole, shame it ended like it did ..... 

Not got over Adam Ellis and 2018 yet though, perhaps skued my thoughts :(((((

Adam Ellis 2019 was sensational though :t:

On 10/2/2019 at 9:44 PM, Suffolkpunch said:

so lets gets get the ball rolling, who do we think will be the owner of Ipswich speedway when tapes are up for 2020.

I really do hope that Chris Louis is still in charge maybe along side Guy Nicholls.

Why Is Mr Chapman selling it ?

In a TV interview during the play offs, when asked,  Chris  something like, the club still isn't sold, but still under negotiation.... With a smile. Some think Buster was never going buy  the club, but in effect would underwrite any losses they may have ( make any losses up himself). So in effect Louis had a go in the top flight with any risk.

This is only an opinion of some, and may not be the case at all.

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In a TV interview during the play offs, when asked,  Chris  something like, the club still isn't sold, but still under negotiation.... With a smile. Some think Buster was never going buy  the club, but in effect would underwrite any losses they may have ( make any losses up himself). So in effect Louis had a go in the top flight with any risk.

This is only an opinion of some, and may not be the case at all.

I'd echo the words above , 

He did a podcast with local reporter Mike Bacon in September just before the playoffs and he said the sale was ongoing.

Talks about it  4.00 into the podcast on the link below

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/speedway/louis-looks-ahead-to-play-offs-and-back-on-the-season-1-6285927

Edited by Pob

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

NKI 7.54

Allen 5.56

King 6.83

Heeps 6.30

Klindt 7.43

That would leave 8.84 for a couple of reserves if the 42.50 limit remains. Nico and Sarj would fit..

Pickering and Stewart would fit as a pair too - both already better than sarj and both have vastly more potential to improve next season than sarj too while arguably not necessarily being far off nico level

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Please please please not Kurtz or Holder

I wouldn't even use kurtzholder  as a password, far too weak.:cheers:

• Haha 8