British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Tough one....Shanes or Bacon ? I'd have both and leave out the foreigners!

Just to add...Tom is by far the better starter and we all know that James has to do it the hard way....but he certainly can do that!

Is Shanes a Poole asset, coz if he is, I'm sure they'll want him back if they're dropping down ?

The compulsory purchase order notices have been posted.

A corner of the stadium car park will be needed for adjacent road widening, so next year the stadium car parking capacity will be much reduced.

On-Street in the area will also  be curtailed due to road works relating to the building of transport links for the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village, adjacent to the stadium.

So, like it or lump it, the One Shop Stopping Centre car park will be one of the even fewer options available to you next year. 

29 minutes ago, sancho said:

With a points limit of 42.50 would this be ok

Harris 8.70
Garrity 7.23
Nicholls 8.00
Morris 5.46
Shanes 5.31
Hume 3.27
Thomsen 4.00

Don't think limit will be that high?

Even less likely I think we could afford Harris and Nicholls - still big earners would reckon a grand a meeting minimum each.

If Scotty had become available b4 Bomber me I'd have had Scotty to balance side with a "gater".

Harris / Garrity / Shanes all opponents got to do is slick off track and we are in trouble.

Expect plenty of new shale at Perry Barry! 

5 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

That's if they could afford the shale. It's not the amount you need to put down more to do with the prep 

And availability? 

Track prep is vital imo.....the owners were dropped in it last season with Terry? giving up after a couple of meetings?

It's not an easy job and looking back, we did the best we could with what was available.

A new track curator is a must, especially with Harris/Garrity our main men!

On 11/14/2019 at 11:43 AM, *JJ said:

I park outside the tile warehouse on the Walsall Road; plenty of room there.

So you'll be right in the road works and diversion area when the flyover is demolished and the new road alignment is constructed. 

Plenty of time to come up with a Plan B if that area is shut off from the public.  I use the bus stop there, and am resigned to having to walk an extra mile to the other side of the roadworks, in order to catch a bus that's fought its way through the delays and snarl-ups rather than getting on a bus that's got all the road works ahead of it.

The point is, how things were, won't be how they will be. Might be wise to have a few alternatives planned and ready to use.