2  PACO     5.52

3  THOMAS   5.72 

4  SHANES   5.01

5  AUTY     7.34

6  ROYNON   5.21   

7  RUML     4.00

Shanes NO thank you!! Last person on the list with Morris who was poor 

9 hours ago, Barry The Cat said:

See riders starting to go public that still owed money for final meetings in 2021.

Not good and reflects poorly on the Masons. Think all outstanding money should be paid up before the club can be sold personally.  I understand the family are tryingbto recoup done losses but negative press devalues the club more and no sale means nothing back.

5 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Is this a similar situation to what Rob Grant found himself in at Newcastle last year, does the potential buyer start an entirely new company or purchase the existing company and the potential debts that go with it ?, and we all know what happened at Newcastle dont we..

I'm amazed there are still people prepared to take on all the hassle. Speedway fans are a rare breed.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, Sir Sidney said:

I would imagine the vast majority of residents in Birmingham and the surrounding catchment area have no idea that it exists

I remember a few years ago, Joe Mclaughlin had a big poster put on a advertising board in a side street in Erdington, the poster is still there actually. Whilst the idea was good it was in the wrong place hardly anyone goes up that street, and trying to sell speedway in Erdington is like trying to sell glasses to a blind man. Brummies could do with stuff like speedway training schools etc to get kids interested, but I don't think the track owners would allow it. 

Edited by Gerbat1875

47 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Is this a similar situation to what Rob Grant found himself in at Newcastle last year, does the potential buyer start an entirely new company or purchase the existing company and the potential debts that go with it ?, and we all know what happened at Newcastle dont we..

surely some arrangement should be made by BSPL to clear the outstanding riders wages via bonds held?

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not good and reflects poorly on the Masons. Think all outstanding money should be paid up before the club can be sold personally.  I understand the family are trying to recoup done losses but negative press devalues the club more and no sale means nothing back.

But they may need the money from the sale to pay the riders?

On 12/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, Gerbat1875 said:

I remember a few years ago, Joe Mclaughlin had a big poster put on a advertising board in a side street in Erdington, the poster is still there actually. 

Where is it? I go through Erdington a lot and have never clapped eyes on it.

1 hour ago, Deano said:

Where is it? I go through Erdington a lot and have never clapped eyes on it.

Edwards Road opposite Station Road, if you go across the lights by the old Cross keys pub the poster is on a big advertising board that lies slightly back, there is a shop that does Icing its on their wall to the side heading towards the fire station, Google maps you can see it clearly

Edited by Gerbat1875
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Edwards Road opposite Station Road, if you go across the lights by the old Cross keys pub the poster is on a big advertising board that lies slightly back, there is a shop that does Icing its on their wall to the side heading towards the fire station, Google maps you can see it clearly

https://goo.gl/maps/nT9ktnyYYaRVuAQo9

No wonder I’d never seen it. I’ve driven down the main road, not up Edwards towards the baths.