British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think the longer it goes on it could make it worse,  as in putting a team together most heat leaders already signed elsewhere . Which would not help with getting fans through the gates? Think Kent would have the same problem as well, if they did run? 

5 of our riders from last season seem to be unattached at present....add Smolinski and another Heat Leader ?

Just going from Confirmed Signings 2022 thread?

Barker not attached yet???

Edited by GiveusaB

On 11/16/2021 at 11:13 PM, PotteringAround said:

'm not familiar with Tracey Smith?

According to her Facebook post, Tracey has come down with Covid. With the incubation period being what it is, there's a possibility that transmission could have taken place at the meeting.

It may not be a bad idea, if you were at the meeting too, that you get yourself tested...just in case.

7 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

All quiet on the western front? Would there be any riders left now for the Brummies to sign, if they run 

I've read they have to signal a firm inrention before the AGM on 7th December.

It would appear from the news in this weeks Speedway Star that things are to quote "increasingly positive" but that no deal has been done yet between Peter and David and the new Consortium.

I would think the Masons would perfectly understandably want to recoup as much as possible to help reduce the significant losses from 2021  and that the new Consortium would want to be sure that their figures add up too so that they are not going to lose huge sums of money.

Team wise the core still seem to be unattached but heat leader quality riders seem in short supply unless you are over-paying like some have done and get their fingers badly burnt.

As they say sometimes no news is good news and until we're out we're in.

Prayer mats out and thermal underwear on in while we wait.

To recap what nigel tolley has said, there are several key factors that have to be met. 

1. Stadium rent.  None negotiable.  Thats the figure, pay it or sod off.

2. a deal with the masons to buy the club must be close or ready to be signed just waiting for the right moment. 

3. getting enough sponsors to cover the costs of the possible shortfall from the 1000 spectators break even figure.

4. being excepted by the bspl. 

Sounds easy when it's written down but, I'm sure it's not.

23 hours ago, Petecc said:

To recap what nigel tolley has said, there are several key factors that have to be met. 

1. Stadium rent.  None negotiable.  Thats the figure, pay it or sod off.

2. a deal with the masons to buy the club must be close or ready to be signed just waiting for the right moment. 

3. getting enough sponsors to cover the costs of the possible shortfall from the 1000 spectators break even figure.

4. being excepted by the bspl. 

Sounds easy when it's written down but, I'm sure it's not.

Accepted!

I really hope Birmingham can come to tapes in 2022, the start up costs are large and that rent sounds pretty big too..

If they do manage it and we all hope they do, get out and support your club!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Well said :t:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:45 AM, M.D said:

I really hope Birmingham can come to tapes in 2022, the start up costs are large and that rent sounds pretty big too..

If they do manage it and we all hope they do, get out and support your club!

This also depends on what team we get if we come to the tapes this year.  Only ones from last year you take are Paco and Jack Thomas and then we need to find 5 other riders including 2 heat leaders. 

13 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I am hearing a rumour that brummies won't run in 2022, everything will be geared up for a 2023 return if they can get the stadium owners to agree a deal, don't shoot the messenger

It wouldn't be a surprise with so few heat leader level riders available. 

The current economic climate isn't making it easy to find sponsors either and add in Covid concerns. 

At 50k a season rent NDL is not really viable either. 

We live in hope though no other options. 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Like Eastbourne this seems sensible to me 

I agree, would give new owners time to assess the whole situation thoroughly, what they can work out with stadium owners, sponsorships etc and start planning a team with a plan in place, hopefully if the rumour is true, brummies will come out of it healthier and in a much better situation to work something out regarding the stadium, rent etc, but I think a season away could also be detrimental in the long run

Edited by Gerbat1875
  • Like 1