British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

45 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

IF there is a suitable CL race night available at Monmore, suggest that it’s a business decision between the stadium landlord and the new promoters of Birmingham. 

Bob there are no other nights available at wolves that's why I said it will not happen.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

still a few obstacles to overcome but all moving forward .... I am sure those attending tomorrow night will be in full support of the consortium and their plans 

Thank you for doing everything you can to keep our club alive and give us hope.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

I'm not sure what the consortium leader is going to get out of this meeting, surely he has all the information and figures he needs to know whether it's worth investing or not? Fans will obviously want a decent track for a good team to perform on and no increase on the gate. The rest is down to the business men. 

He could be pleading for extra funds? extra help or going to tell the fans exactly what’s going on ?

Best way to find out is by attending.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 2

Well the room was full, standing room only. Very promising, but no purchase has been agreed. Nigel seems a decent guy a speedway fan and businessman. The 1,000 break even is a challenge which is driven by the rent increase. There is a share option for fans of which I’m happy to  chip in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deano said:

Well the room was full, standing room only. Very promising, but no purchase has been agreed. Nigel seems a decent guy a speedway fan and businessman. The 1,000 break even is a challenge which is driven by the rent increase. There is a share option for fans of which I’m happy to  chip in

Has 1,000 ever been achieved at championship level at PB?

Consistently not a one off 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Has 1,000 ever been achieved at championship level at PB?

Consistently not a one off 

I don't think so noaksey:unsure:Crowd levels have ALWAYS been a problem at Brum,so lets get real;)

24 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

So who else is involved in the Birmingham Speedway 2022 consortium?

Were they at the meeting?

Gary Drinkwater I believe is an ex-Coventry sponsor via his City Gearboxes company.   David Rowe I presume is the journalist.  I'm not familiar with Tracey Smith?

Tracey Smith is a most loyal of supporters and has been for years;)A decent lady as part of a consortium;)

• Like 1

Tracey and her family as loyal has they come, hopefully Brummies can get this over the line and have a bright and prosperous future. With it taking so long to sort out, which is quite understandable do we think Brummies may miss out in 2022 and restart the following season or are the BSPA wanting answers in regards to 2022 season 

Edited by Gerbat1875
addition

33 minutes ago, Deano said:

Why oh why do promoters always look at achieving the break even figure when they should always aim higher.

This is why clubs lose money coz they reach a 'break even' figure but then don't look beyond that so the crowd then only goes one way.

Cud u imagine goin into Dragons Den without declaring what profit you aim to make!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Why oh why do promoters always look at achieving the break even figure when they should always aim higher.

This is why clubs lose money coz they reach a 'break even' figure but then don't look beyond that so the crowd then only goes one way.

Cud u imagine goin into Dragons Den without declaring what profit you aim to make!

Good post, what happens when you have 3 rain-offs on the trot? running on a break even figure - $hite Happens!

I could clearly see last season that UK Speedway needed to reinvent itself for 2022, so what has the BSP ltd. done? sweet F.A.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

The top and bottom PS is there just ain't enough folk through the gates;) 

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Seems a big target. They could be losing money right from the off.

Mason was certainly getting a lot less than 1,000 at the start of 2021 - 4-600 I was told.

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Because achieving a break even figure is aiming high. 

Every club sees a break even as a minimum achievement - which it reasonably has to be, although some can afford sustainable losses - and certainly does not view that as an end game.