British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I went to the first and last Steve. Not a bad race track, but an awful location.

Track was decent in 85 but the stox ruined it the following year. The location was indeed, awful. As was the "stadium".

• Like 2

Only missed one meeting at the wheels (well 2 as it was a double header) the night before the Bradford world final.

I remember the first few meetings in 1984, I didn't drive at the time so I had to find my way to the stadium from the train station. Honestly it was like some kind of assault course off of the krypton factor, lucky I was a lot younger and fitter back then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pirio Barre said:

Only missed one meeting at the wheels (well 2 as it was a double header) the night before the Bradford world final.

I remember the first few meetings in 1984, I didn't drive at the time so I had to find my way to the stadium from the train station. Honestly it was like some kind of assault course off of the krypton factor, lucky I was a lot younger and fitter back then.

It's even worse now! A right proper sh#t hole....the surrounding areas are no better (including Perry Barr).

The area around the wheels is only going to get worse, either buildings are going to get flattened or some businesses are not going to maintain there buildings as they are only interested in the land that they are on.

Because in about 7 to 10 years that land will be prime estate. There are already some big and ambitious plans for Digbeth/Bordesley and as the opening of HS2 get closer land prices will go through the roof.

I work for a company that until recently was based in Digbeth but moved out due to being inside the Clean air zone however they have still kept ownership of the building in Digbeth, maybe looking to cash in later.

Edited by Pirio Barre
typo

2 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

That area of Birmingham, Alum Rock/ Small Heath is by far the worst area of Brum imo, I avoid it. 

I spent 25 years of my life in the B11 postcode and moved as far i could away from the area as it became an overwhelming s h i t h o l e:(

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brummie Kev said:

That area of Birmingham, Alum Rock/ Small Heath is by far the worst area of Brum imo, I avoid it. 

Ditto !

The closest I venture to B'ham (apart from when in the City Centre) is Castle Bromwich, even that is starting to become over populated....

Solihull, Shirley, Sutton Coldfield, Water Orton and Coleshill are the only decent areas of B'ham IMO....

I don't know much about Kings Heath/Norton to pass comment on that side of Town?

A meeting crucial to the future of Birmingham Speedway has been called for Tuesday 16th November at Aston Manor Cricket Club, Church Road, Perry Barr, starting at 7pm, where the leader of the consortium prepared to take over the promotion of the club, will outline their plans and will answer questions.

All speedway supporters (whether those who support the Brummies or any other club) are invited to attend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

A meeting crucial to the future of Birmingham Speedway has been called for Tuesday 16th November at Aston Manor Cricket Club, Church Road, Perry Barr, starting at 7pm, where the leader of the consortium prepared to take over the promotion of the club, will outline their plans and will answer questions.

All speedway supporters (whether those who support the Brummies or any other club) are invited to attend.

Fingers crossed for you Brian. Hopefully someone will step forward and save the Kent Kings.

18 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Good Luck Brian with that. Hope it has a massive turnout.

How about getting the guys at speedway Tavern to do a special show on it next Tuesday and the following Tuesday after it? All the more interest generated the better?

Directions to Aston Manor Cricket Club:

From M6 Motorway: Leave at Junction 7 and join A34 towards Birmingham (NOT towards Walsall)

Continue along A34 for about 2 miles then turn left into Church Road (just past the Alexander Stadium)

The Cricket Club is on the left hand side of Church Road just past a group of flats.

Postcode is B42 2LA

BIRMINGHAM supporters will have the opportunity to meet the man leading the bid to save the club next week.

Nigel Tolley, a successful businessman based in Kinver, will be appearing on stage with current team boss Laurence Rogers at the Aston Manor Cricket Club on Tuesday, November 16 (7pm) to bring supporters an update on the future of the Brummies.

Tolley, who is heading a consortium to keep the Perry Barr outfit on track in 2022 and beyond, will speak openly about all current situations and is also inviting questions from supporters in attendance.

Club chief Rogers is urging loyal fans to turn out in good numbers and hear the latest on the future of the club first hand.

"There are problems we have been faced with - but we're not just going to give in like that," he said.

"We will give everything we've got to make sure the Brummies do survive and race on in 2022.

"No sale has been agreed as of yet and Nigel and the consortium are working tirelessly behind the scenes to try and secure extra funding etc to ensure everything is viable.

"Tuesday night is a great opportunity for supporters to hear first hand where we're currently at, the problems we are facing, how we plan to overcome those and where we want to try and ultimately get the Brummies too."

There will be no admission fee for the event, however supporters are encouraged to make a donation to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club on the night itself.

Share This:   Facebook Twitter
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

BIRMINGHAM supporters will have the opportunity to meet the man leading the bid to save the club next week.

Nigel Tolley, a successful businessman based in Kinver, will be appearing on stage with current team boss Laurence Rogers at the Aston Manor Cricket Club on Tuesday, November 16 (7pm) to bring supporters an update on the future of the Brummies.

Tolley, who is heading a consortium to keep the Perry Barr outfit on track in 2022 and beyond, will speak openly about all current situations and is also inviting questions from supporters in attendance.

Club chief Rogers is urging loyal fans to turn out in good numbers and hear the latest on the future of the club first hand.

"There are problems we have been faced with - but we're not just going to give in like that," he said.

"We will give everything we've got to make sure the Brummies do survive and race on in 2022.

"No sale has been agreed as of yet and Nigel and the consortium are working tirelessly behind the scenes to try and secure extra funding etc to ensure everything is viable.

"Tuesday night is a great opportunity for supporters to hear first hand where we're currently at, the problems we are facing, how we plan to overcome those and where we want to try and ultimately get the Brummies too."

There will be no admission fee for the event, however supporters are encouraged to make a donation to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club on the night itself.

Share This:   Facebook Twitter

Laurence Rogers master at spending other people's money, does he ever put anything in himself?

• Like 1