British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

18 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

There is an option to opt out of the scheme; he may have exercised that option?

Regards
THJ

I wonder why, as he has been announced by the team manager as the RS? Still, the Brummies have James Shanes on the list!

31 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I wonder why, as he has been announced by the team manager as the RS? Still, the Brummies have James Shanes on the list!

Yup and that counts for nothing as 4 star only counts for the Prem. So either Thomas has opted out and will feature in the team on his own merits and make his own deal but Brum will need another 1/2/3 star rider depending on team building or the list is wrong and the BSPL have made a fist of the press release.....both equally as likely but i hope for Jack its the former.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Laurence Rogers has posted on the Brummies forum that the list issued is incomplete snd that there are several riders who are on the list but have not been included on the press release for some reason. Laurence had confirmed  jack Thomas is on the list snd is the Brummies rising star rider 

The Hobbit !? :D

Where have you been hiding ? 

23 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Laurence Rogers has posted on the Brummies forum that the list issued is incomplete snd that there are several riders who are on the list but have not been included on the press release for some reason. Laurence had confirmed  jack Thomas is on the list snd is the Brummies rising star rider 

What list? Where was it published? How long have they had to get that right? And still they get it wrong :-( 

For communication to work, it has to be "heard" and it has to be "right" - failures on both accounts here by the looks of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Is Jack Parkinson-Blackburn actually making a return to the sport?

I think it's probably an invitation/opportunity for him to think about and either accept or reject. Shows he hasn't been forgot about.

36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite likely.  As with Mr Bridger im sure if someone fronted up a couple of bikes, some engines and a van he could be tempted back.

I’m sure that any ex rider offered all of that ( over fifteen grands worth of kit there ) would seriously think of making a comeback.As talented as he might have appeared at one point you sure someone would offer that to a youngster who’s walked away from the sport twice already ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

I’m sure that any ex rider offered all of that ( over fifteen grands worth of kit there ) would seriously think of making a comeback.As talented as he might have appeared at one point you sure someone would offer that to a youngster who’s walked away from the sport twice already ?

They have to Bridger. But seriously JPB had talent but also had too much smoke blown up him too early, family rifts, social distractions and poor preparations meant that once attempts to step up to the higher levels came along it was already slipping away. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

They have to Bridger. But seriously JPB had talent but also had too much smoke blown up him too early, family rifts, social distractions and poor preparations meant that once attempts to step up to the higher levels came along it was already slipping away. 

Correct!

Incredibly natural on a bike....I'm sure B'ham fans would love to see him back in action!