British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Brummies website is one of those awful dated off the shelf AP ones.

Desperately needs a refresh as does the social media.

A lot/most Clubs far better than us at it.

Our commercial/marketing department needs a complete overhaul imo.....

Since Lee Kilby departed, it's been non-existent!

16 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

That's true just look how strong Swindon are in that department with Lee looking after it. Think it just  shows  what Birmingham have missed out on 

Unfortunately we didn't have much choice with Lee's departure, It was always going to be temporary, as he juggled both clubs....

It's just a shame that we didn't employ an apprentice to work alongside him?

Not an easy task selling 'speedway' these days?

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Unfortunately we didn't have much choice with Lee's departure, It was always going to be temporary, as he juggled both clubs....

It's just a shame that we didn't employ an apprentice to work alongside him?

Not an easy task selling 'speedway' these days?

Bring back Joe or is he otherwise disposed? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, screm said:

Late change for Birmingham, Valentin Grobauer replaces Tomas H Jonasson.

Although it’s not really the fault of THJ on this occasion he really can’t be trusted in the UK.

Only ever appears interested in part seasons when it suits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Although it’s not really the fault of THJ on this occasion he really can’t be trusted in the UK.

That has been his attitude for  a while now,just turns up for meetings in UK when he can be bothered.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, screm said:

Late change for Birmingham, Valentin Grobauer replaces Tomas H Jonasson.

Looks like the management had limited options to replace THJ......if I remember rightly, VG performed reasonably well at PB last season?

He'll probably end up at reserve with Paco coming in to the main body?

Play-Off credentials have dropped massively : )

Edited by GiveusaB

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Huge dent to Brums chances this season. I saw THJ as the real difference maker if he showed up as his average is at bargain levels however sadly so is his commitment to UK speedway. No slight on VG but a big ask to come in as third HL.

Quite right...

My appetite for the new season has been suppressed by this team switch!

VG will be behind Shanes/Morris and Paco in the averages....putting him 6th in the side....imo

Thomsen will be back before we know it? (especially if he carried on the way he ended the season?)

17 hours ago, stevebrum said:

And every time he's supposedly on a bargain average.. which then drops further. Would have been a miracle if he'd completed the season anyway so probably not a bad thing to have to make the change now.

Grobauer showed some promise last year and will do a decent job

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Huge dent to Brums chances this season. I saw THJ as the real difference maker if he showed up as his average is at bargain levels however sadly so is his commitment to UK speedway. No slight on VG but a big ask to come in as third HL.

I’ve been hearing this about him for years including his various spells in the top flight. Always appears to be on a bargain low average.

The reality is that it isn’t a bargain at all as he has been hugely overrated for a huge chunk of his career.

At championship level you would expect his average to be much higher but the truth is because of his general lack of interest in riding in the UK I’d say that is mostly his level these days.

• Like 4

If Grobauer was worth signing he'd be in the Rebels 1-7. Asking Morris or Shanes to stand up as third heat leader after their injuries last year is asking too much. I do wonder if the THJ "signing" was a publicity stunt to flog season tickets, he was never coming.