British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

9 hours ago, Col said:

"Hi-Ho" Andrew Silver. I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Suffice to say give me James Wright everyday of the week.

If you are a stats man then both Wright/Silver are pretty similar really.Both reached 5 British Final's ( Silver's decade more difficult?) one U21 world championship final and both won a Division 2 title.Silver though had two division two averages of 10.46 and 10.66 where as Wright had one year only over nine at 9.53.For me Silver underacheived really he was around with Martin Dugard ( class) yet Dugard pushed on in his career and Silver left the scene everyone will have a view but it would be Silver for me all day long.

• Like 1

Silver and Wright cannot really be compared can they - Silver pretty much left at the top of his game there or there abouts whilst Wright had a couple of good years then slowly fading and becoming a rider nobody would want in their side. 

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Silver and Wright cannot really be compared can they - Silver pretty much left at the top of his game there or there abouts whilst Wright had a couple of good years then slowly fading and becoming a rider nobody would want in their side. 

And 'both' riders have nowt to do with Birmingham ..... :t:

So, let's try and find out for PTBaB if our 'Bulls' side are running this year? and who is going to be sorting our track out ? :t::D

41 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So, let's try and find out for PTBaB if our 'Bulls' side are running this year? and who is going to be sorting our track out ? :t::D

Wright rode for Birmingham in the past so actually smart arse, he does have something to do with Birmingham. 

Have you recently been installed as a mod on here ?

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2020 at 2:54 PM, GiveusaB said:

You could always get proudtobeabrummie to do the track he says he knows all about ground works but I will tell you now he would not have a clue where to start? FACT

Edited by pitstop84
Wrong wording

It's all my fault for saying Wright is worth a gamble on a 4.00 average.

For the record I never saw Silver ride often, a couple.of visits to Dudley Wood in Swindon colours & a few Brandon British Final Sundays aost. I eas never convinced he was ever in control of his bike. 

4 hours ago, Col said:

For the record I never saw Silver ride often, a couple.of visits to Dudley Wood in Swindon colours & a few Brandon British Final Sundays aost. I eas never convinced he was ever in control of his bike. 

And you are right Col , he is worth the gamble for Newcastle.

Edited by Sidney the robin

In all fair ness, I think Wright must be one of the strangest cases I have seen in speedway for being one minute superb to absolute mince within a season. It is quite puzzling to think what went wrong so quick. 

7 hours ago, Col said:

No fault there Col.....it's great to hear the name of riders from the past that probably didnt quite reach expectations or fulfill their potential? 

You are so right about 'Silver' ? great to watch, but you wouldn't want to be too close to him on a tight track? : )

He always reminded me of a surfer? on and off the bike ! :D

On 1/10/2020 at 8:06 AM, GiveusaB said:

8<..it's great to hear the name of riders from the past that probably didnt quite reach expectations or fulfill their potential? 8<

For Brummies. Adam Roynon & Kyle Legault. What a season that should have been. Injuries to that team drained my enthusiasm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Do either Agertoft or Thomsen have Allsvenskan rides in 2020? @Ghostwalker That would be the next logical step for them, I'd imagine.

Just had a scan through the top 2 Swedish leagues squads and neither Tobias or Nick are named in either . But it is great to see Leon Flint in the Smedera B squad in the Allsvenskan .