British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

46 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Rob Ledwith has not ridden second tier speedway for a quarter of a century (when there was no third tier I ll add) and is also on a 4.0..... which seems astonishing to me, even more so when he had an assessed 3.5 average in the NL last year.

Totally agree Teaboy i know speedway has always to some exstent been a number's game but Rob's case clearly shows the rules in some cases are not right.Gutted for Hume again he has been unlucky overall plenty of youngsters in the Championship.ie) Kemp, Palin, Lawlor, Thomas, Thompson x2 Rowe, Gilkes, Bailey (ect).

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally agree Teaboy i know speedway has always to some exstent been a number's game but Rob's case clearly shows the rules in some cases are not right.Gutted for Hume again he has been unlucky overall plenty of youngsters in the Championship.ie) Kemp, Palin, Lawlor, Thomas, Thompson x2 Rowe, Gilkes, Bailey (ect).

You can add Leon Flint to that list :t: shame as Henry Atkins looks set to miss out too?

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

You can add Leon Flint to that list :t: shame as Henry Atkins looks set to miss out too?

Yes young Flint/ Bickley forgot those two,  with the reserves in place as they are it will be very interesting to see who goes at number six.Does the rule state it has to be the senior reserve at number six ? for these youngsters being at number seven that has to be an advantage.

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes young Flint/ Bickley forgot those two,  with the reserves in place as they are it will be very interesting to see who goes at number six.Does the rule state it has to be the senior reserve at number six ? for these youngsters being at number seven that has to be an advantage.

I think the problem we have with reserves trying to progress, is that you can get away with just one strong reserve if the manager is tactically astute?

The stronger reserve can/will replace the weaker one in 2 of their heats and then the weaker reserve will sometimes get thrown in to a tougher race, whereby he'll replace an average second string rider , or someone who's having an off night?

I think it's a tactic that a lot of managers come in for criticism for not using the right reserve at the right time? (i'm certainly guilty of 'gobbing' off when i think that the manager has made an error?) sometimes I get it right and sometimes not !? :D

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the problem we have with reserves trying to progress, is that you can get away with just one strong reserve if the manager is tactically astute?

The stronger reserve can/will replace the weaker one in 2 of their heats and then the weaker reserve will sometimes get thrown in to a tougher race, whereby he'll replace an average second string rider , or someone who's having an off night?

I think it's a tactic that a lot of managers come in for criticism for not using the right reserve at the right time? (i'm certainly guilty of 'gobbing' off when i think that the manager has made an error?) sometimes I get it right and sometimes not !? :D

It is so hard, as a club you want young riders some who might be longterm  asset's to progress but you have to think of the now as well.At Swindon we have young Anders i am really keeping my fingers crossed that he can be on the pace but i know Ellis Perks will more and likely swap races at times.A real dilemma and that is the brutality of sport i suppose.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is so hard, as a club you want young riders some who might be longterm  asset's to progress but you have to think of the now as well.At Swindon we have young Anders i am really keeping my fingers crossed that he can be on the pace but i know Ellis Perks will more and likely swap races at times.A real dilemma and that is the brutality of sport i suppose.

I guess that they (the young uns) can still learn a lot by just being in the team.....set-ups.....track technique's etc.....:t:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

2) i think a 4.00 ave is very generous and see no reason for it to be any lower!

Are we talking about the former Premier League Riders Champion, James Wright?

Last time I can recall a rider coming in out of the cold after a long lay off like this was Andrew Silver at Rye House in 2009. If I recall, he ended up with an average well above 4.00 and he wasn't half the rider that James Wright was.

If "Rizzla" Wright has been allocated a 4.00 average then that's a bargain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Last time I can recall a rider coming in out of the cold after a long lay off like this was Andrew Silver at Rye House in 2009. If I recall, he ended up with an average well above 4.00 and he wasn't half the rider that James Wright was.

Beg to differ regarding your comparison of Silver and Wright.:blink:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

You are joking ? as much as i like James Wright and have always followed his career have a look at what Andrew Silver achieved in his.speedway career.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They dont have a website . Are you aware this is a speedway forum ? 

I am well aware of what this site is. Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Edited by Chris116

Just now, Chris116 said:

I am well aware of what this site is. But Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Yes i am aware of this also . I am not sure whether you are winding me up or not . 

The Birmingham Bulls is the name of our Junior team (SPEEDWAY)  that has been running from Perry for the past 2 seasons .

6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I am well aware of what this site is. Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Best to walk away from them Chris. You made a genuine mistake while trying to help them. Clearly best not to try. Plenty of other places to talk here.

• Like 1

Just now, RobMcCaffery said:

Best to walk away from them Chris. You made a genuine mistake while trying to help them. Clearly best not to try. Plenty of other places to talk here.

I walked away from replying to anything on this site a few days ago and made the bad mistake of trying to help, something that does not seem to be liked around here. Having been at my first meeting in 1955 at Rye House, a fan of Wimbledon then Arena Essex than Skegness and then back to Rye House before it closed. Last season I saw just two meetings on the Isle of Wight and following the last week on here I think I will join the former supporter who don't go and have lost interest because the past few days have convinced me I don't want to be involved in this site or Speedway. Although I may read your reply I will not answer it and I will remove this site from my computer.

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Mr high and mighty get a sense of humour .I  notice you like to talk down to people alot  .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I walked away from replying to anything on this site a few days ago and made the bad mistake of trying to help, something that does not seem to be liked around here. Having been at my first meeting in 1955 at Rye House, a fan of Wimbledon then Arena Essex than Skegness and then back to Rye House before it closed. Last season I saw just two meetings on the Isle of Wight and following the last week on here I think I will join the former supporter who don't go and have lost interest because the past few days have convinced me I don't want to be involved in this site or Speedway. Although I may read your reply I will not answer it and I will remove this site from my computer.

Well thats a shame . A huge over reaction but your choice .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Don't walk away completely.Jus take a couple of months not visiting the British Speedway Forum, then return in a refreshed state. 

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Bear in mind someone has commented Wright should be on a 2.00 ave!