British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Re Garrity, he's like Barker, start season well, have a falling out leave in bust up, few weeks off , then go somewhere else and deliver.

One day some bright spark will do a deal with other Club each rider rides for and swop them mid season and have good halves of both :drink::drink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Re Garrity, he's like Barker, start season well, have a falling out leave in bust up, few weeks off , then go somewhere else and deliver.

One day some bright spark will do a deal with other Club each rider rides for and swop them mid season and have good halves of both :drink::drink:

Better get on the Phone to Somerset then. 

Not enough fixtures & too many free weeks in 2019 & now a few threads saying there might not be many free weeks.

The Northern section have FOUR teams that rode on Fridays in 2019, Scunthorpe, Redcar, Edinburgh & Glasgow so will need to use alternative nights.

16 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not enough fixtures & too many free weeks in 2019 & now a few threads saying there might not be many free weeks.

The Northern section have FOUR teams that rode on Fridays in 2019, Scunthorpe, Redcar, Edinburgh & Glasgow so will need to use alternative nights.

Some of us like a 'free' week every now and then.....I'm not a football fan, but with us being a 'Wednesday' track, we lose a few fans when one of the local teams are playing at home.....and we have '4' well supported local teams.(arguably) :t:

On 11/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Marshall07 said:

Conversion rate is 1.6 so Becker would be 8.43. I also doubt he'd get a visa for both leagues as that was his issue last year

I think Nicol signing for Wolves & Glasgow rules out that theory.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I think Nicol signing for Wolves & Glasgow rules out that theory.

Not necessarily.

Nichol lives in UK during the season and also started with a CL Club Sheffield who sponsored his work permit. It's possible he can get approval to extend up to PL too.

Becker has resided in Europe for a while and main League is Poland and his initial work permit is for a PL Club. It's possible he is not allowed to extend down in to a lower level where (DofE consider) he may take income from UK born riders unfairly.

Each work permit is different and allows certain things.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, *JJ said:

We're optimists, except the Wolves/Cradley person, but that's to be expected  ;)

Am I the Cradley person? You had better not be calling me the Wolves person.

I'm skeptical, sure, Harris frustrates, Castagna frustrates, for different reasons. I have no idea what to expect from Jonasson. At his best he is (or was) a class apart from most CL riders. Yet, he's only 31. How can he have dipped so badly when Hancock is still winning GP's nearing 50?

Garrity & Shanes, will entertain but miss the gate crucially too often (like Harris).

Edited by Col
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2019 at 3:32 PM, GiveusaB said:

Southern section looks a little tougher than the North ? can't see there being many free weeks with all the proposed fixtures?

You cant make that assessment until every side has named their seven riders 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

Am I the Cradley person? You had better not be calling me the Wolves person.

I'm skeptical, sure, Harris frustrates, Castagna frustrates, for different reasons. I have no idea what to expect from Jonasson. At his best he is (or was) a class apart from most CL riders. Yet, he's only 31. How can he have dipped so badly when Hancock is still winning GP's nearing 50?

Garrity & Shanes, will entertain but miss the gate crucially too often (like Harris).

I want Garrity to miss the gate! LOL

Hancock is an exception to ANY speedway rider! Being a 'brilliant' gater.......avoiding serious injury,....keeping in top shape.....a rider, not only with skill, but a very high intelligence!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I want Garrity to miss the gate! LOL

Hancock is an exception to ANY speedway rider! Being a 'brilliant' gater.......avoiding serious injury,....keeping in top shape.....a rider, not only with skill, but a very high intelligence!

Hancock an exception?

I give you Rob Ledwith.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

That comment gave me my best laugh of the year !!   Thank you.   I'm a fan of Ledwith which made it funnier.

Apparently, Rob has said that he’s expecting his fiercest opponent in the GPs to be Tai Woffinden’s son.  :)

• Haha 3

The more full 1-7's that are announced, the better the Brummies septet looks at the moment.

Leicester also look strong, expecting Glasgow & Poole to also produce competitive teams.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col said:

The more full 1-7's that are announced, the better the Brummies septet looks at the moment.

Leicester also look strong, expecting Glasgow & Poole to also produce competitive teams.

Leicester are weak at reserve imo.....(no disrespect, but it's a massive jump for Dan/Joe)

Scunthorpe have a nice balance, as do Eastbourne imo.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1