British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think you are wrong about Hume and for me it is a travesty if he is not given another prolonged run at Championship level.Last year he buckled down and had a great year no injuries and he did that with fewer meeting's meaning lack of sharpness.People forget before his first injury what he was averaging for Ipswich and if Hume was with another strong reserve  Birmingham at least at home would be strong in that department all year.

I would love Hume to prove me wrong, but imo his reactions do not last the whole meeting.....just my opinion. This leads to falls/injuries.......

Lovely lad though and I certainly want him to be successful wherever he rides!

Couldn't agree more about Danyon, certainly deserves a chance and would be a good reserve pairing with Paco.

Was gutted he wasn't given a fair run last year, I heard Eastbourne tried to sign him after he left us but were not allowed due to his NDL Club objecting, goes to show if we don't snap him up now some other CL Club will.

With Stoneman most likely to go to Somerset or back to Kent surely Danyon is a perfect no 7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I would love Hume to prove me wrong, but imo his reactions do not last the whole meeting.....just my opinion. This leads to falls/injuries.......

Lovely lad though and I certainly want him to be successful wherever he rides!

Do you  think he is not capable of riding at reserve in the Championship ? he is better than alot of the reserves certainly better than Stoneman( who i like) and Lawlor i know Danyon's average could be a stumbling block.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sancho said:

I think that leaves us with 10.04 for 2 riders and if Paco is to start at reserve that means at least 1 is going to be over 4.93

So do we go for 2 5 pointers or 1 higher (Ellis please on 7.80) and 1 as a 2-3 pointer

Covatti or Danny King would be my choice and as someone mentioned earlier, Joe Lawlor.

Ellis will be signing for Poole!

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Couldn't agree more about Danyon, certainly deserves a chance and would be a good reserve pairing with Paco.

Was gutted he wasn't given a fair run last year, I heard Eastbourne tried to sign him after he left us but were not allowed due to his NDL Club objecting, goes to show if we don't snap him up now some other CL Club will.

With Stoneman most likely to go to Somerset or back to Kent surely Danyon is a perfect no 7.

If we signed Danyon it would compromise the quality of signing another heat leader?

We definitely need to sign someone who can gate!!! (Covatti/King/Ellis)

Edited by GiveusaB

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Hope you are right he deserves a chance last year i think he scored double figures plus  in every meeting bar a couple of meeting's.I think he is unlucky not to be in Leicester's plans but i fully understand that because they are developing the Thompson twins career's which is great news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you  think he is not capable of riding at reserve in the Championship ? he is better than alot of the reserves certainly better than Stoneman( who i like) and Lawlor i know Danyon's average could be a stumbling block.

Yes Sidney....he has the ability to hold his own at reserve and is very exciting to watch......my observations are only my personal opinions about him making progress :t:

• Like 1

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Yes Sidney....he has the ability to hold his own at reserve and is very exciting to watch......my observations are only my personal opinions about him making progress :t:

Yes and they are valid and you could be proved right and the injury side of thing's still concern me maybe Kent might take a punt.?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Hasnt Adam Ellis signed for a Polish Club?

That doesn't mean the Polish club will use him very often, they use squads and British based riders signed by the second & third tier clubs don't tend to get many outings.  Only Luke Becker did enough tier 3 fixtures to attain an average.  Josh Pickering & Ricky Wells completed 2 meetings, Todd Kutrz 1.  Ellis has signed for Rzeszów along with 8 other seniors. 

35 minutes ago, sancho said:

I think that leaves us with 10.04 for 2 riders and if Paco is to start at reserve that means at least 1 is going to be over 4.93

I make it 10.02 (probably due to spreadsheet rounding up down to two decimal places  with the 2.5% average reduction applied to Brits)

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

If we signed Danyon it would compromise the quality of signing another heat leader?

We definitely need to sign someone who can gate!!! (Covatti/King/Ellis)

King on 8.46 with reduction is too high.

Covatti & Ellis fit with a 2 pointer.

Hume leaves 6.83 (if my figures are correct)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Has Tom Bacon signed for anyone yet ?  Surely deserves a place at Birmingham if his average fits ?

No.  But I can't see him at Birmingham, his 5.07 average would leave 4.95 for the final spot and would see the Brummies having 5 rides on averages between 4.9 & 5.4.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Massive long shot but........Be a great coup if we persuaded Martin Smolinski to return?:t:

Whatever average he comes in on it'll be too high!  I don't think he has ever ridden second tier Speedway in the UK

If it turns out to be Ellis/Covatti and Lawlor next then it’s a much better balanced team by the Mason’s. Decent top end strength with Harris & Ellis able to handle most heats 13 & 15 and Garrity comes up with the odd meeting where he’s unbeatable too. Hopefully they aren’t relying on away wins in Scotland! Paco should score well at reserve and with Shanes or Morris at second string they’ll always have a decent reserve this coming year without any foreigners who don’t know the tracks and are struggling to compete. 

38 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

If it turns out to be Ellis/Covatti and Lawlor next then it’s a much better balanced team by the Mason’s. Decent top end strength with Harris & Ellis able to handle most heats 13 & 15 and Garrity comes up with the odd meeting where he’s unbeatable too. Hopefully they aren’t relying on away wins in Scotland! Paco should score well at reserve and with Shanes or Morris at second string they’ll always have a decent reserve this coming year without any foreigners who don’t know the tracks and are struggling to compete. 

Our hands were tied last season, as we didn't know what league we'd be in, so our team building was somewhat delayed.

Looks like the Masons are spoiling us this season......thank you Peter/David!