British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2020

On 2/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Fielding has speedway written through his core. He has done and will continue to travel an unearthly amount of miles at his own expense just because he loves the sport. I don't know if he will command the respect of the pits but he is a nice guy and is more genuine than his namesake. 

You know the old saying , if you cut lawrence fielding in half.............

He will bleed to death:party:

Edited by pete cc
  • Haha 2

BIRMINGHAM have added Chris Roynon to their track team for 2020.

The former rider and promoter will advise and assist currant track curators Onny Butler and Mick Coleman at Perry Barr.

Roynon has a wealth of experience and having moved back to the Midlands from Cornwall last year he was a regular at Birmingham near the end of the 2019 season.

The father of former Brummie Adam Roynon has known team boss Laurence Rogers for a long time and worked with him at Plymouth .

Rogers believes his addition to the Perry Barr backroom staff is important. “Chris knows all about track preparation and that will be a bonus to Onny and Mick," he said.

"He is loaning us a blade that he has bought that will be of great benefit to us in track work and has a tractor we can use if we need it too.

"With the new shale we sourced last year the track prep team are getting down to getting the Perry Barr circuit in tip-top condition for the new season.

"His addition to the team is important and a big bonus to us .”

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am feeling quite optimistic now .The more i look at our team the more excited i get for the new season . I expect some cracking meetings at injury's permitting a play off finish in 4th-6th position.

Whispers up at Berwick would suggest you maybe on the look out for a replacement for one of your riders who has changed his mind about joining you

16 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Whispers up at Berwick would suggest you maybe on the look out for a replacement for one of your riders who has changed his mind about joining you

logically TH-J then? 

You always wonder with Garrity but the Berwick thing doesn't tie up with that unless they are trying to sign Doolan on some sort of short term deal?

Very few proper 2nd string / potential 3rd Heat Leaders about?

Be a shame as we deserve some luck under Masons who work at it and deserve an injury free season and a fair crack of good luck.